become an editor
the entire directory
only in Indo-European/Anatolian
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Anatolian
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Middle East: Turkey
Society: History: By Region: Middle East: Ancient and Medieval
This category in other languages:
Chicago Hittite Dictionary Project (CHD)
- Project of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago, started in 1975 by Harry A. Hoffner and Hans G. Güterbock aiming at the eventual publication of a complete dictionary of the Hittite language.
Greater Anatolia and the Indo-Hittite Language Family
- Information on a Colloquium held on March 17-19, 2000 at the University of Richmond (Virginia, US) concerning recent linguistic and archaeological resaech cocerning the Anatolian languages. Full archived sound-files of the Colloquium are available for downloading.
- A list of Hittite words and their English equivalents.
The Hittite Grammar Homepage
- A very thorough site devoted to the Hittite language, including its writing system, phonology, grammar (morphology and syntax), extensive glossaries (with separate sections on native Hittite, Sumerian and Akkadian terms) and sample texts (in the cuneiform original and in transliteration, as well as the translation).
Hittites and the Riddle of the Scripts
- An account of Bedrich Hrozny's decipherment of Hittite and discovery of its Indo-European affiliation.
Initial Laryngeals in Anatolian
- Major theoretical paper (published as an original on the WWW in 2003) on an important aspect of Anatolian historical phonology by the Indo-Europeanist Frederik Kortlandt. [PDF]
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:56:28 UTC -