become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eastern/Maori
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Austronesian: Malayo-Polynesian: Eastern: Maori
News and Media
Society: Ethnicity: Indigenous People: Pacific Islanders: Polynesians: Maori
Free Basic Maori Language Lessons
- Learn to speak the basics of Maori Language with video lessons and other useful resources.
- Encyclopedia written in the Maori Language by public contribution.
History of the Maori Language
- A brief history of the Maori language.
Maori Adult Total Immersion in New Zealand
- Personal perspectives on a week-long Māori language retreat for adults.
- A brief description of the Maori language, including history, dialects and grammar.
Māori Language Commission
- Māori Language Institute, Tuakana-Teina native speaker mentor project, introduction to history, structure, and sociolinguistics, publications, resources, and news.
Māori Language Information
- Information on the Māori language of New Zealand.
Māori Language Statistics
- 2001 He Tirohanga Ki te Oranga o te Reo Māori - Survey on the Health of the Māori Language. The data contained in this 2001 Survey can be used by parents, communities, iwi, researchers, schools, government departments and others, to help design and support Māori language initiatives at all levels.
Promoting the Use of Maori Language in New Zealand
- Article on the potential benefits of applying a marketing paradigm to improve the success rate of Māori Language revival programs.
Te Puni Kokiri: Statistics on Ma¯ori Language
- Selected language and culture statistics from the Ministry of Ma¯ori development including results of a survey on the current health of the language.
Te Reo Māori
- Information on the language from a variety of sources.
Te Taurawhiri i te Reo Māori - The Māori Language Commission
- Bilingual site with information about the Māori Language Act, news and updates, language software and collections of other useful reference and learning materials.
Te Whanake Maori Language Learning Textbooks and Resources
- The Te Whanake series reflects modern methods of Māori language learning. Study guides, audio/video tapes and CDs, a dictionary as well as teacher's manuals complement the textbooks.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 23, 2013 at 6:35:06 UTC -