become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hebrew/Hebrew_Alphabet
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Hebrew: Hebrew Alphabet
Akhlah: Learn the Hebrew Aleph-Bet
- The Hebrew alphabet made simple for online learning: both block and script versions provided. Cards in Flash; audio and coloring options.
Grab the Basics to Reading Hebrew
- A short tutorial series on how to read Hebrew for those without prior knowledge (introductory plus).
- Judaism 101: Illustrates the letters and vowel points of the Aleph-Bet, along with their names and numerical values.
- Wikipedia. Overview of Hebrew alphabet: tables for writing systems, pronunciation, history, ascii codes, bibliography. Links for related overviews.
Hebrew Braille Alphabet
- A 6dot Hebrew Braille alphabet with vowels, offering the numbered location of the Braille dots, the only site offering a visual display of the Braille letters for Hebrew. [Instructions are in German; continental keyboard positions designated.] [PDF]
Hebrew Keyboard | Write Hebrew
- On-screen Virtual Hebrew Keyboard application suitable for websearches, Word docs, web pages; Latin keyboard typing converts to Hebrew; Dictionary (beta version); Typing Speed Test;.
Jewish Encyclopedia: Hebrew Alphabet
- Article traces the origins and evolution of the characters.
Torah Tots - The Site for Jewish Children - All About the Hebrew Alphabet
- Colourful versions of Hebrew alphabet tables for use with/by children, with explanations: block alphabet with printer friendly version; script and Rashi script charts with added written letter directions; vowel chart; script used by Soferim (Torah scribes). Charts elaborated from JewFAQ.
Vocalization of Hebrew Alphabet
- Hebrew alphabet chart with separate/all together wav/WinMedia files for each letter and vowel, according to Yemenite pronunciation, with description of differences of Ashkenazi and different Sephardi sounds, plus "hear the difference" wav files for 'similar sounds'.
YouTube - Aleph-Bet Video
- Debbie Friedman's Aleph Bet song to video: large block font Hebrew letters and transliteration on flash cards, in dynamic presentation. Suitable for schools; letters are sung and appear on screen 3 times.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:36:58 PM EDT -