become an editor
the entire directory
only in Afro-Asiatic/Ethiopic
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages: A: Amharic
- International Journal of Ethiopian Studies (published at the Universität Hamburg) devoted to the scholarly study of the linguistics, literature, history, archaeology, palaeography, religion(s), traditional art, culture, and ethnology (anthropology) of Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Application of Corpus-Based Techniques to Amharic Texts
- Scholarly article by Sisay Fissaha and Johann Haller. It explores the use of computer-based techniques for the analysis of Amharic texts. [PDF]
Creating "Zero" in the Amharic /Ge'ez Numeric System
- Essay on the difficulties and solutions for the numerical representation of zero in the counting system of the Ethiopic languages, which begin counting with the number one.
Ethiopian Semitic Languages
- Wikipedia article, serving as a portal to Wikipedia articles on individual languages of this subfamily, including Ge'ez, Amharic, and Tigrinya.
Selected Annotated Bibliography on Amharic
- A bibliography compiled by Prof. Grover Hudson of Michigan State University.
Thesaurus Linguae Aethiopicae
- This project of Mainz University "aims at creating machine-readable and SGML-encoded ... Ethiopic texts and collecting them in a corpus for further research". Editing software is also available onsite. Bilingual site (English and German).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:56:28 UTC -