the entire directory
only in Languages/Natural
Languages of Africa
Languages of Eurasia
Languages of the Americas
Languages of the Middle East
Pidgins and Creoles
Business: Business Services: Communications: Translation
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Natural Language
Computers: Software: Educational: Languages
Computers: Software: Globalization: Internationalization
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages
Reference: Education: International: Language Schools
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Education
This category in other languages:
A Web of On-line Grammars
- This website contains links to all of the serious if not complete grammars of languages on the Web. It currently contains links to grammars of more than 80 different languages.
Convent of Pater Noster
- The Lord's Prayer in more than one thousand languages and dialects.
- Extensive database of the world's languages, organized/searchable by map, language family, country, and language name. From SIL International. Also offers print and CD-ROM versions.
The Human-Languages Page
- The Human-Languages Page is a comprehensive catalog of language-related Internet resources. The over 1900 links in the HLP database have been hand-reviewed to bring the best language links the Web has to offer.
Jennifer's Language Page
- How to say hello, please, thank you, and other basic social phrases, in hundreds of languages. Includes links to dictionaries, phrase guides, and other resources for many of the world's languages and countries.
- Introduction to the major language families, including Indo-European, Uralic, Altaic, and Afro-Asiatic.
- Typology of the world's languages from the Fu Jen Catholic University. In English and Chinese.
- Short sample texts of more than 1200 languages and dialects in the world.
- Online shop of teaching materials on various European languages (including some quite rare ones) plus Esperanto.
The List of Language Lists
- List-servers for a wide variety of language studies, from Nostratic to Spanish and Tolkien.
LMBM: Table of Contents
- The personal website of Robert Beard, devoted to the study of morphology, especially Beard's theory of 'Lexeme-Morpheme Base Morphology'. It is linked to an index of on-line dictionaries and grammars, and several pages of linguistic fun.
Multilingual Data Bank
- Multilingual corpus server located at the Department of General Linguistics, University of Helsinki. Contains some samples from the rarer languages.
Muturzikin - Linguistic maps
- Linguistic maps of Europe, Africa, America and Oceania. Priority is given to endangered languages and minority linguistic people.
The Rosetta Project
- Working to develop a contemporary version of the historic Rosetta Stone, a meaningful survey and near permanent archive of 1,000 languages.
UCLA Language Materials Project Index Pages
- Information on less-commonly taught languages.
The World's Top Twenty Spoken Languages
- Estimates for the world's top 20 languages (given in millions) on the basis of the number of mother-tongue (first-language) speakers and population estimates for those countries where the language has official status.
Yamada Language Center
- Extensive information and web links on languages.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 27, 2014 at 11:16:45 UTC -