become an editor
the entire directory
only in Constructed/Play
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Constructed: Play
For Kids and Teens
Arts: Education: Language Arts: Games
Games: Video Games: Word Games: Browser Based
Recreation: Humor: Wordplay
- A description of a Spanish-based language game used in Argentina, with examples.
Interactive Programming In Java: A Community of Interacting Entities
- Word game examples of Java programming. Includes Pig Latin and Ubby Dubby.
- Describes the term language game and gives examples from different languages.
Linguist List: Double-Dutch and Youthese / Pig Latin
- Mailing list posting talks about early occurrences of Pig Latin and other phonologically manipulated youth languages.
Linguist List: Language Games
- Mailing list posting author Trey Jones presents a summary of secret and play languages from many cultures, including Cazarny Talk, the Russian Fufa Language, Arabic language play and Bengali Pig Latins. Extensive bibliography.
Linguist List: Pig Latin
- Mailing list posting mentions several play languages from different cultures, including Ubby Dubby and one used by natives of central Australia.
- A description of the French-based language game, Louchébem (or Loucherbem), with examples.
- A brief discussion of Verlan.
University of Pennsylvania: Linguistic Form in Ritual and Play
- Part of the schedule of lectures and assignments of Linguistics 001. Covers language games, song and verse. Includes a section on Ubbi Dubbi and children's language games in a number of countries.
- A description of a French-based language game with examples.
Verlan - French Slang à l'Envers
- A summary of the French-based Verlan with examples.
- Description with examples of a language reversal in Argentinian Spanish.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:56:38 UTC -