become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fictional/Tolkienian_Languages
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Constructed: Fictional: Tolkienian Languages
Arts: Literature: Genres: Fantasy: Authors: T: Tolkien, J. R. R.
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages: Q: Quenya
This category in other languages:
- Summary of the Quenya grammar, includes examples.
Appleyard's Black Speech Document
- Plain text, in depth analysis of Tolkien's samples of the language, along with examples and explanations of created words and phrases.
Appleyard's Quenya Document
- Plain text examination of Quenya grammar.
- Essays on the tongues of Arda, Tolkien's youthful invented languages, glossaries, Elvish poems by other authors, linguistic discussions, and links to further resources.
- Short encyclopedia article on Tolkien's Black Speech.
- An irregularly published magazine, Parma Eldalamberon, which focuses on Tolkien's languages.
- Email list to further the scholarly study of the languages invented by JRR Tolkien and discuss the current state of research into Tolkien's languages.
- E-mail discussion of J.R.R. Tolkien's orthographies and scripts, such as Tengwar and Cirth.
Elvish Linguistic Fellowship
- An international organization devoted to the scholarly study of the invented languages of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Devoted to languages of Middle Earth. Grammars, dictionaries, essays and other resources, along with user submitted texts.
Hänäthlîêr: Sindarin Descendant
- The language is a descendant of Sindarin and Quenya. The site has lessons, dictionary, alphabet, grammar and sounds.
I Lambë i Noldoiva Valinoressë
- The Language of the Noldor in Valinor: compositions in Quenya, written by Jamie Young.
- The Language of the Elves contains Quenya grammar tables, glosaries, categorical wordlists, compositions, and applications.
The Languages of Tolkien
- Information on the etymology of the languages used by Tolkien.
- The language guild of the Forodrim, the Stockholm Tolkien Society. Information about Tolkien's languages and writing systems.
Nólë Parma Lambeo Areldava
- Lore book of the High Elven tongue. Verses and prose translated into Quenya with notes.
- A brief description of Quenya.
A Second Opinion on the Black Speech
- Black Speech Analysis by Craig Daniel.
- A brief description of Sindarin.
The Sindarin Dictionary Project
- On-line Sindarin search engine and downloadable PDF dictionary.
Studies on the Works of J.R.R. Tolkien
- Discussions of Quenya's relation to Finnish, an Elvish plural FAQ, and a Tengwar font.
- A brief description of the Tengwar script.
Tolkien's Lord of the Rings: Style, Language and Poetry
- Olga Kist discusses the influence of constructed languages on Tolkien's Lord of the Rings.
- Usenet list on Tolkien language, with links to documents and other resources.
- Focus on Quenya. Includes a rough translator and pronunciation guide, along with links to other resources.
Usenet alt.fan.tolkien -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 7, 2011 1:58:32 AM EST -