become an editor
the entire directory
only in Constructed/Fictional
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Constructed: Fictional
Games Invented Languages
Argtxep: Concept of the Citadel
- Texts, images and MP3 files of Silarg (constructed language) and Argpal (writing).
- Constructed language derived in part from Japanese in Morioka Hiroyuki's book Seikai no Monshou.
- Languages of Andal, Old Hyksos and Skerre from Boudewijn Rempt.
Da Mätz se Basa: A Lost Germanic Language
- A constructed, fictional, aposteriori language based on Modern High German with many influences from Afrikaans, Indonesian, Mandarin, and other natural languages.
Esata - A new International Personal Language
- Esata is a compromise between English and other world languages. [PDF]
- Learn how to speak Etrer'aous, a language with simple grammar.
- Fukhian is a constructed, fictional language. It is an agglutinating human language which is totally regular, also featuring a unique script. The language is inspired by Finnish, Turkish, Arabic and Devanagari.
- Online dictionary lookup in the languages of Star Trek, Star Wars, and the novels of Edgar Rice Burroughs.
The Gevey Language Resource
- Gevey is a language spoken in the continent Ewlah on planet Kallieda, by Rik Roots.
An Introduction to Kēlen
- An attempt by Sylvia Sotomayor to create a non-human language, one that violates language universals.
- Towards a quantum language of non-differentiation - the "rheomode" linguistic concept developed by David Bohm.
Language of the Dead
- Glossary adapted from Stephen King's novels.
Languages in Bergonia
- Grammar, phonology and scripts for two artificial languages, Nacateca (based loosely on Central American languages) and Minidun.
- Created by Suzette Haden Elgin and used in her novels, this language explores gender roles and perceptions.
Mark Rosenfelder's Metaverse
- The authors site on the conlang he has created and links to other resources.
- A fusional conlang with its own script and history, authored by Reinhart Keim.
Planet Nazaea Series
- Fictional world based on Startrek culture with conlangs developed by the author.
Qþyn|gài: A Polysynthetic Language
- A constructed, fictional language with polysynthetic grammar, no irregularities and only one open lexical class.
Senu Yivokuchi - the Language of the Bokuchi
- Grammar, phonology, dictionary, and glossary of linguistic terms.
Short Grammar of the Hattic Language
- Hattic is a member of a fictional Kentum branch of Indo-European, created by Jan van Steenbergen.
Speaking in Tongues
- Description of two constructed languages, Clalia and Fergiatuya.
Tokana Reference Grammar
- Tokana also known as Sul Tokana is a model language, an invention of Matthew Pearson.
- Toki Pona is a constructed language that favors simplicity over clarity. Includes lessons and a dictionary.
Toki Pona Language
- A description of Toki Pona, including phonology, syntax and vocabulary.
- Description of the author Tommaso R. Donnarumma's conlangs, Streich, Len-qic, Anawanda, Kluna, Gwalan, Ishtalo, Tymlk and Arden.
- A variety of Romance spoken on an island west of France. Phonology, spelling, grammar, English-Tundrian dictionary, and texts.
- S. Amposta's additions and translations to Vorlin.
- Vozgian (Gŭor vŭozgašchai) is a fictional North-Slavic language. It plays a role in the alternate history project Ill Bethisad.
- An agglutinative language created by Mark Rosenfelder, includes history and a script.
- Wenedyk is what Polish could have looked like if it were a Romance language. It plays a role the alternative timeline of Ill Bethisad.
- A fictional Germanic language, with accompanying culture and country, created by James Campbell.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 16, 2013 at 11:45:11 UTC -