become an editor
the entire directory
only in Historical_Linguistics/Proto-Language
Science: Social Sciences: Cognitive Science: Culture, Cognition, and Evolution
The Extended Mind: Understanding Language and Thought in Terms of Complexity and Chaos Theory
- Robert K. Logan, Professor of Physics, argues that the origins of speech and the human mind emerged simultaneously as the bifurcation from percepts to concepts.
Lingua ex Machina: Reconciling Darwin and Chomsky with the human brain
- William Calvin and Derek Bickerton offer three ways for getting from ape behaviors to syntax. They focus on the transition from simple word association in short sentences (protolanguage) to longer recursively structured sentences (requiring syntax).
Linguists Debating Deepest Roots of Language
- The debate on Nostratic- the "Mother Tongue." The New York Times, June 27, 1995.
NOVA Online-Transcripts-In Search of the First Language
- There are surprising similarities among the languages of the world. Could it be that at one time long ago, we all spoke the same language?
SAFi etymology. Indo-European, Nostratic or Eurasian ?
- SAFi is a lexeme of several groups of languages such as Indo-European, Semito-chamitic, ouralo-altaic and niger-kordofanian. Its distribution consolidates historical linguistic theories of Nostratic or Eurasian roots previous to the Indo-European one (-7000 years).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 12, 2015 at 5:20:37 UTC -