become an editor
the entire directory
only in Graphemics_and_Orthography/Egyptian_Hieroglyphs
Graphemics and Orthography
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Graphemics and Orthography: Egyptian Hieroglyphs
Champollion, Jean François
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: History: By Time Period: Ancient History: Africa: Egypt: Hieroglyphics
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Ancient Egypt
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Africa: Egypt: Texts
This category in other languages:
Jim Loy's Egyptian Hieroglyphics and Egyptology Page
- Online grammar, dictionary, and fonts for ancient Egyptian.
Ancient Egyptian Language Discussion List
- Online resources for the learning of ancient Egyptian, including hieroglyphic transcriptions/translations, discussion list and online tutorials.
- An introduction to Egyptian hieroglyphic writing and numbering. Interactive examples allow users to create hieroglyphic numbers and fractions.
- C.I. Burkinshaw's detailed tutorial with bibliography.
Hieroglyphics and Egyptian Symbols
- The symbols and imagery used in ancient Egypt. Covering aspects of the alphabet, gods and goddesses, commonly found expressions and numeric system.
- Tools for learning, teaching and using hieroglyphs. Includes two-way dictionaries, interactive grammar lessons, and an online translator which accepts transliterations or English words.
- Lessons in hieroglyphics and links to other pages with software.
Lingua Aegyptia - Journal of Egyptian Language Studies
- Publishes articles and book reviews on Egyptian and Coptic language and literature: grammar, language history, comparative linguistics, literature.
MacScribe 2.0: Hieroglyphic Text Processor
- Software for typesetting Egyptian hieroglyphs on the Macintosh.
- Introduction to middle Egyptian and its hieroglyphs, with resources such as software and discussion forums.
The Pronunciation of Ancient Egyptian
- Detailed introduction and survey, including some helpful .wav files.
- Photograph and description from the British Museum of the slab found in 1799 in Rosetta, with a text written in hieroglyphs, Demotic and Greek, enabling the crucial breakthrough in deciphering Egyptian writing.
- Fonts and macros for writing hieroglyphics in LaTeX. Also contains some texts and related links.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 13, 2014 at 15:20:12 UTC -