become an editor
the entire directory
only in Linguistics/Dialectology
This category in other languages:
The Cambridge Online Survey of World Englishes
- Online language survey collects English dialect features from site visitors and publishes results on dialect maps.
- Interactive results of a sociolinguistic postal survey of dialect variants in eastern Canada and northeastern United States.
- Dialectology section has general information as well as papers, links, and information on Norwegian, Dutch and German dialects.
- Research project to compile a historical searchable database of Danish dialects. Includes project description, participant information, and access specifications.
Estuary English Resources and Information
- Estuary English resource page includes many links to research and articles about a variety of English spoken in the areas around the river Thames and its estuary.
Good Practice Guide to Dialectology
- Introduction to Dialectology by Dr. David Britain including a bibliography and related links.
Harvard Survey of North American Dialects
- Results of an online survey of regional pronunciations of American English
Linguistic Atlas Projects
- Comprehensive information on linguistic dialect atlas projects across the U.S. including access to some data.
Linguistic Innovators: The English of Adolescents in London
- Quantitative sociolinguistic research among young Londoners studies changes in mainstream speech and how linguistic features spread. Includes description of project and research articles.
New Zealand English
- Resources on social dialect studies in New Zealand.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 8:24:07 UTC -