become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geographic_Information_Systems/Organizations
Geographic Information Systems
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Arizona Geographic Information Council
- AGIC is the geospatial coordination body for Arizona. AGIC promotes the use of GIS and related technologies to address problems, develop plans, and manage the resources Arizona.
California Geographic Information Association
- As a partner organization with the Federal Geographic Data Committee, CGIA is working to define and develop California's portion of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure.
European Umbrella Organisation for Geographic Information
- EUROGI aims at maximizing the effective use of geographic information for the benefit of the citizen, good governance and commerce in Europe and to represent the views of the geographic information community. It achieves this by promoting, stimulating, encouraging and supporting the development and use of geographic information and technology.
- Geomatics Yukon of Government Services is the territorial coordinating body for geographical information systems (GIS). It helps government, business and the public organize and use GIS data.
Geospatial Information and Technology Association (GITA)
- This organization focuses on the advancements of geospatial technology specific to the fields of telecommunications, infrastructure and utility applications.
- The Institute for GIS Studies is a non-profit 501(c)(3) that is dedicated to promoting GIS technology.
- The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Office of Geographic and Environmental Information. Statewide GIS data, freely downloadable.
Open Planning project
- A non-profit technology organization advocating for digital democracy for the digital earth and contributing to a free, distributed, and open geographic information infrastructure.
Region I Planning and Development Council
- A non-profit public agency assisting communities in southern West Virginia with planning, grant writing, GIS mapping, and data analysis and collection.
The Society for Conservation GIS
- A non-profit organization dedicated to applying GIS for the conservation of the world's resources. Sponsored by ESRI.
Ukrainian Land and Resource Management Center (ULRMC)
- Specializing in the use of remote sensing, digital mapping, GIS, satellite imagery, and GPS.
United States Federal Geographic Data Committee
- Coordinates development of the National Spatial Data Infrastructure.
University Consortium for Geographic Information Science
- A non-profit organization dedicated to advancing geographic processes and spatial relationships through theory, methods, technology, and data.
Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA)
- Non-profit association of professionals using GIS and other information technologies to solve challenges in US state and local government agencies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 5:05:04 UTC -