become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cartography/Map_Societies
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Cartography: Map Societies
The British Cartographic Society
- an association of individuals and organisations dedicated to exploring and developing the world of maps
The Charles Close Society
- Founded in 1980 to bring together all those with an interest in the maps and history of the Ordnance Survey of Great Britain and its counterparts in Ireland. Includes details of the societies activities, publications list, indexes to OS map series, newsletter articles, and a short history of OS.
MapHist Discussion Group
- MapHist, the Map History Discussion List, is an e-mail discussion group whose primary focus is historical maps, atlases, globes and other cartographic documents.
Mt. Diablo Surveyors Historical Society
- Society of Land Surveyors interested in the history of Mount Diablo, Northern California, and the establishment of the Mt. Diablo meridian and initial point.
North American Cartographic Information Society
- NACIS is a professional society dedicated to the advancement and cooperation of all cartographic disciplines. Members include practicing cartographers, educators, map librarians, and map collectors.
Ordnance Survey Britain's National Mapping Agency
- Maps and mapping for Great Britain, with free mapping and services together with information on digital and paper mapping products and other aspects of cartography
Ordnance Survey Ireland
- The Irish national mapping agency.
Society of Cartographers
- Society founded in 1964 aiming to support the practising cartographer and encourage and maintain a high standard of cartographic illustration.
Washington Map Society
- An informal organization of people interested in cartography, cartographic history and collecting maps, both old and new.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:45:09 PM EDT -