become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geography/Cartography
Games: Roleplaying: World Building: Map Making
Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics
Science: Earth Sciences: Products and Services: Maps
Science: Social Sciences: Geography: Geographic Information Systems
Shopping: Publications: Maps
This category in other languages:
Area Cartogram Maps Explored
- Explanation of area cartograms maps including examples of contiguous, non-contiguous, and Dorling cartograms.
- Journal for the history of cartography. The site includes a complete table of contents, English and German summaries and an author index.
- A tool designed to help cartographers and map users find class intervals for choropleth mapping.
Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS)
- The Earth Resources Observation Systems (EROS) Data Center (EDC) is a data management, systems development, and research field center for the U.S. Geological Survey's (USGS) National Mapping Division.
Elements of a Map
- Cartographic elements of a map layout explained. Find out the required and suggested elements that make up a map layout.
- A blog that highlights a new interesting map each day. Run by a Geography college student interested in Geographic Information Systems.
Harvard Map Collection: USGS Legend
- Scans from 'Standard Symbols Adopted by The Board of Surveys and Maps, United States of America' (1932).
- GIS tutorial, free maps, free GIS program.
LLEK Bookmarks Scientific Search Engines - Cartography/GIS/Remote Sensing
- A comprehensive catalog of scientific resources and media worldwide but especially in German and English: Directories of Cartography Journals; Cartography-related catalogs of scientific search engines;additional starting points and sites of special interest.
Map History / History of Cartography
- Tony Campbell's tightly organized global overview of the subject's resources, activities and opportunities, with leads to the collecting of old and early maps and thousands of links.
- Features a wide range of world maps, country and UK Royal Mail postcode maps and related cartographic products.
- Collection of printable map projections organized by type.
Maps of the World
- Digital royalty-free maps covering the entire contemporary world. Maps fully modifiable in programs like Adobe Illustrator.
National Geographic Maps
- Archive of digital maps that can be downloaded and printed on demand. Covers all of US. Many special maps and foreign maps from Society archives.
The National Geographic Society
- Explore National Geographic Online. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
PDF Map Source
- The site is a growing collection of pdf maps. The pdf maps are free for personal use.
- Multifunctional online atlas, specially made for the last years of elementary school and the first years of secondary education. In Dutch, English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.
Solid Terrain Modeling
- STM creates physical 3D terrain models from digital data.
- Maps of countries, cities and other places from all around the World. Specially prepared for computer printers, it is possible to change the map size, orientation and details.
- The purpose of this web page is to assemble, organize, and present digital information about the earth's land surface of use to outdoor enthusiasts.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers
- The USACE is responsible for investigating, developing and maintaining the nation's water and related environmental resources. A great source for hydrographic information.
- National mapping information from the U.S. Geological Survey.
Versamap Digital Mapping
- Versamap draws outline maps on many map projections. Print publication quality maps, or export maps in vector graphic (WMF, CGM, DXF, ASCII) and bitmapped (BMP) formats. Text may be added to maps using any Windows font. Plot your own data in a simple ASCII format.
- Offers Google satellite and 3D maps of countries and places all over the World.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 8:35:09 UTC -