the entire directory
only in Social_Sciences/Geography
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Geography
Geographic Information Systems
Urban and Regional Planning
Arts: Classical Studies: Geography
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: Geography
Science: Earth Sciences
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
Science: Social Sciences: Area Studies
This category in other languages:
Administrative Divisions of Countries ("Statoids")
- Worldwide reference for states, provinces, governorates, counties, districts, and other subdivisions of countries.
Canadian Council for Geographic Education
- Aims to strengthen geographic education in the classroom, and to increase the public awareness of the importance of geographical literacy.
- An initiative (updated 1997-2004) to map cyberspace, this site contains a variety of pages dedicated to helping the viewing not only understand "cyber geography" but to visualize it as well.
The Degree Confluence Project
- The Degree Confluence Project contains photographs of the intersections of integer latitude and longitude degree lines.
Environmental Geography - Dr. James Hayes Bohanan
- Geography of the environment, and the use of the web in higher education.
European Spatial Planning Resource and Information Database (ESPRID)
- The database focuses on the spatial dimensions of territorial development processes and the spatial impacts of EU, national, regional and local policies across the European continent.
- A subject gateway to scholarly information in earth science, geography and mining. From the Goettingen State and University Library.
- A site that explores the world. The online resource on travel for schools, professionals and enthusiasts alike.
The Geography Exchange
- A combination of teaching resources, lessons and indexes of website links with an emphasis on physical geography.
Geography Resource Center
- Internet Resources for Geographers
- A collection of tables and graphs providing global and population statistics in general and by country, including area, capitals, main cities and administrative levels.
- Web resources for human geography, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science. Provided by Utrecht University Library.
GIS and Mapping Links
- Links to Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping sites on the internet. All links are verified every month.
History of the International Date Line
- Extensive information on the circumnavigator's paradox and the history of its resolution.
Infoplease Political and Reference Atlas
- Infoplease Atlas has political maps of each region, country, and state with links to reference information.
Information Please: Geography Resource
- Geographic facts, lists, and statistics, including highest mountains, longest rivers, latitudes and longitudes, and explorations and expeditions.
Mega Maps - Walk through the Continents
- Free PC program to print out US or world maps of various sizes, up to 7 feet across, on an ordinary printer. Requires Windows 3.1, 95 or 98.
Mr. Dowling's Electronic Passport
- An online geography class where students journey through time and space. Discover different people and cultures and further your study by following links.
The START Natural Language Question Answering System
- A system designed to answer questions that are posed in natural language. The system is especially equipped to answer geography queries.
US Census Bureau Geography
- Mapping products and services, as well as geography resources used to compile the US Census.
World Island Info
- Information on the world's islands, including island superlatives.
Your Own Language and Country
- Information and links about all countries: tourism, dictionaries, search engines, life and religion.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 7:35:10 UTC -