become an editor
the entire directory
only in Education/Civics
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Education: Civics
Society: History: Education
Society: Politics: Civic Participation
This category in other languages:
Center for Civic Education
- Nonprofit group which specializes in civic and citizenship education, law-related education, and international exchange programs in education in developing democracies. Center history, news, programs, publications, alumni network, research, and related links.
Choices Education Program
- Brings to life current and historical public policy issues for high school students. Includes workshops, classroom materials, and mailing list.
Civics Online-[Re]Envisioning the Democratic Community
- A collaborative, internet project working to provide teachers, students, and parents with a rich array of primary source materials, learning tools, and professional development resources with which to learn and teach civics.
- A nonprofit, nonpartisan citizenship education organization that promotes responsible and informed participation in the democratic process through a variety of educational programs.
Constitutional Rights Foundation
- Publisher of U.S. Constitution curriculum materials. Also provides free lesson plans and newsletters online.
Getting the Message Out
- An exhibition examining the national popular political culture in the antebellum United States through campaign materials from presidential campaigns from 1840-1860. Histories, biographies, and primary source material such as campaign biographies and campaign songbooks, as well as song recordings, images, and teachers' guide.
- Government and civics information portal that simplifies the search for online regional, state, national and international government resources including election information.
- Web-based education project designed to teach students civics and inspire them to be active participants in U.S. democracy. Founded by Justice Sandra Day O'Connor out of her concern that students are not getting the information and tools they need for civic participation, and that civics teachers need better materials and support.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 16, 2013 at 11:05:04 UTC -