become an editor
the entire directory
only in Economics/Environmental_Economics
Science: Environment: Climate Change
Science: Environment: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Environment: Sustainability
Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Agricultural and Rural Economics
Science: Social Sciences: Sociology: Environmental Sociology
Science: Technology: Energy: Economics and Policy
Society: Issues: Business: Corporate Environmentalism
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations: Policy Institutes
Society: Issues: Environment: Sustainable Development
Society: Issues: Environment: Sustainable Development: Organizations
This category in other languages:
EDIRC (Economics Departments, Institutes and Research Centers)
- A searchable index of international economics institutions with environmental programs, including Economics Departments, Institutes and Research Centers.
The Aspen Institute
- An international organization working on environmental and economic concerns.
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists
- AERE is an international scientific association in the field of environmental and resource economics
Australia New Zealand Society for Ecological Economics
- ANZSEE is an organization that encourages research on the integration of economics, ecology and related disciplines.
Australian National University Economics and Environment Network
- EEN promotes collaboration, integration, innovation, learning and research in environmental, ecological and resource economics in the Australian National University. Provides information about seminars, papers, courses, researchers and additional links.
Climate Change Economics
- Aims to provide a knowledgebase where academics, researchers, paleoclimatologists, climatologists and economists can load papers, make comments, share facts and solutions.
- Essay about how we can use durability as a means of conservation with related links.
Economics and Environmental Science
- This is an educational site describing the field of environmental economics and the Ph.D. level training program in environmental economics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Links to additional resources are included.
Economics of Sustainability
- Ecological economics and industrial ecology are interdisciplinary and tend to be called the "science of sustainability". This site explores their linkages, presenting selected chapters from the book by Jakub Kronenberg.
Energy Research at DOE: Was it Worth It? (NAS Study)
- In this study, energy efficiency investments produced almost three times the net economic benefit of those made in fossil fuel technology. Available as book.
- Economists on environmental and natural resources: news, opinion, and analysis. Includes weblog/forum postings.
- Article from Wikipedia on the study of the economic effects of environmental policies.
Environmental Economics Program at Harvard University
- A University-wide program engaged in research, teaching, and outreach efforts in environmental and natural resource economics.
Environmental Valuation & Cost-Benefit Website
- Assists in quantification of costs and benefits of environmental amenities and disamenities, offering surveys, links, glossaries, and news.
European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists
- EAERE is an international scientific association in the field of environmental and natural resource economics.
European Society for Ecological Economics
- Aims to foster transdisciplinary discourse and research among the social and natural sciences regarding problems of nature and the environment.
Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei
- FEEM is a nonprofit, research institution devoted to the study of sustainable development and global governance. It provides analysis on a wide range of environmental, energy and global economic issues.
Global Network of Environmental Economists
- Dissertations and other online publications, forthcoming conferences, online discussion forums, research funding available, and other resources in the field of environmental economics.
Globalisation and the Environment
- Blog with news, research and discussion on economic issues related to the impact of globalisation on the environment.
- Based on the book entitled Designing the Green Economy: The Postindustrial Alternative to Corporate Globalization by Brian Milani. Includes book outline, essays, reviews and links.
- A high-tech nonprofit that offers a unique blend of economic research skills and on-the-ground experience based on over 15 years of work across the western US and Canada.
Institute of Ecolonomics
- Founded by Dennis Weaver, IOE is dedicated to sustainable living through educational programs, affordable housing, and environmental businesses.
Interdisciplinary Environmental Assoc.
- Brings together all disciplines so that understanding of environmental issues is enhanced through communication. Publishes the Interdisciplinary Environmental Review.
International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics
- Lund University's research and education institute with focus on preventative environmental strategies and cleaner production.
International Society for Ecological Economics
- The ISEE aims to facilitate understanding between economists and ecologists and the integration of the two disciplines.
Land Tenure Center
- Interdisciplinary research and training programs focused on legal, political, social, and economic institutions that affect equitable access to and sustainable use of land and other natural resources. At the University of Wisconsin.
Madras School of Economics
- Post-graduate teaching center in Chennai, India. Includes details of current research into pollution control, toxic chemicals, and offshore ecology.
Main Street Economics
- Economic consultants for resource and environmental issues. Pages on past performance, services offered, markets targeted, and employment opportunities. Targets the emerging market (private and government) for environmental economics applications.
Natural Resources and Environmental Economics links
- Link collection accompanying the textbook "Natural Resources and Environmental Economics."
Oikos - Ecology Economics
- Blog by David Jeffery discusses Australian and global environmental and economic issues in a way that’s accessible to people who are not economists nor ecologists.
Poverty Reduction and Environmental Management (PREM)
- The Poverty Reduction and Environmental Management (PREM) program aims to deepen and broaden the exposure of economic researchers and policy advisors in developing countries to the theory and methods of natural resource management and environmental economics.
Resource Decisions Consulting
- Practice focused on energy and environmental economics. Policy studies and impact analyses of natural resource development plans for public and private clients including utilities, water districts, and governmental agencies.
- Consultant firm specializing in complex environmental, land use, conservation, community development, energy and transportation issues, based in Gig Harbor, WA.
Resources for the Future
- A nonprofit and nonpartisan think tank located in Washington, DC that conducts independent research - rooted primarily in economics and other social sciences - on environmental and natural resource issues.
Rocky Mountain Institute
- Based on work by Amory and Hunter Lovins, this organization has a nonadversarial, transideological approach to helping businesses, communities, governments and individuals create more wealth in a life-sustaining manner, primarily by gains in efficiency.
South Asian Network for Development and Environmental Economics
- SANDEE is a regional network that seeks to bring together people in South Asia interested in the inter-connections between development, poverty and the environment.
Studienbüro Jetzt & Morgen
- Research and advice about changes, sustainability, and intergenerational issues connecting ecological, economic and social concerns.
- Introduction of Environmental Economics Studies in South Caucasus Region.
Tradable Permits Bibliography
- General background and applications of tradable permits to air, fishing and other areas. Compiled by Tom Tietenberg.
The UK Network of Environmental Economists
- UKNEE aims to bring together environmental economists from academia, consultancy and the public and private sectors to foster closer relationships, follow recent developments and share experiences.
US EPA National Center for Environmental Economics
- NCEE analyzes relationships between the economy, environmental health, and environmental pollution control. This includes: economic benefits and costs, economic incentives, size, composition, and effects of the pollution control industry, risk assessment data used in economic analyses.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 24, 2016 at 7:45:06 UTC -