become an editor
the entire directory
only in Economics/Economic_History
News and Media
United Kingdom Taxation
Recreation: Collecting: Coins
This category in other languages:
1987 Stock Market Crash Page
- A look back at the 1987 stock market crash. Provides a description of the event, charts, and an account of the causes they may have led to the 23% decline.
American Currency Exhibit
- The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco's online exhibit of historical US currency, with contextual information on the related status of the money system, banking, and the economy.
An Analysis of the Communist Manifesto
- A synopsis, analysis and a downloadable copy of the Communist Manifesto along with a short biography of Marx and Engels.
- A page edited by Morris Silver devoted to the consideration of unsettled or disputed aspects of ancient economies. (Note: Tripod site with popups.)
- Online collection of historical documents and memorabilia about annuities, together with a history of annuities and their role in the development of financial markets and retirement planning.
The Avalon Project : Charter of the Dutch West India Company : 1621
- Full text of the Charter of the Dutch West India Company, 1621.
The Basics of Business History: 100 Events That Shaped a Century
- A timeline of significant events in business during the 20th century from TheStreet.com.
BPubs.com - Economic History Publications
- A collection of business articles related to Economic History.
Brain Bank - The Oldest Companies
- The ten oldest companies in the U.S. by Rank.
Business History On-Line
- H-Business is an on-line newsletter for the Business History Conference.
Center for International Business History, University of Reading
- News about business history research and information about the center.
Current Value of Old Money
- Links to inflation statistics, price indexes, and sources of data on changes in the value of money.
Directory of Corporate Archives in the United States and Canada
- An online directory of archives and other repositories of historical corporate records. Includes directory of professional associations for corporate and industrial archivists.
Dutch National Accounts, 1800-1913
- Analysis of the development of the Dutch Economy in the period 1800-1913. Dutch GNP and its components. Historical statistics.
The Economic History Society
- The society publishes a periodical and works to promote the study of economic and social history.
Economics, Coins and Taxes
- Articles on accounting, money, taxation, and other aspects of economics in antiquity.
- A portal of economic principles covering past and current economic theories and theorists.
History House: Stories: Tulipomania
- Article discussing the historical value of tulip bulbs.
History of Economics
- Resources for historians of economic thought provided by EH.Net and the History of Economics Society.
History of Economics
- Provides access to resources for teaching, scholarship and research in the history of economics and economic thought.
History of Money from Ancient Times to the Present Day
- Money in its social, political, and economic context from the dawn of history to the end of the 20th century.
A History of Taxation
- A history of taxation in various parts of the world.
History of the Banking Industry
- Published by the FDIC, with statistical information starting in 1934, a list of failed banks, and history of deposit insurance.
The History of the Dow Jones Averages
- Information about how Charles Dow devised the now famous stock averages and a chronology of their activity from 1884 to 1995.
History of the Eighties - Lessons for the Future
- A study prepared by the FDIC's Division of Research and Statistics presents a detailed analysis of the complex combination of causes that led to the extraordinary number of bank failures in the 1980s and early 1990s.
International Exchanges of Ideas about Taxation Since 1750
- A research project about the international history of taxation since 1750, based at the University of Cambridge, UK.
Journal of Markets & Morality
- A peer reviewed journal promoting the intellectual exploration of the relationship between economics and morality from both social science and theological perspectives.
Littlewoods Catalogue History
- Seven decades of Littlewoods catalogues for home shopping in Britain. The social history of Littlewoods mail order business from the early 1930s up to the present day.
Merrimack Films - Features on Labor History
- Merrimack Films was founded in 1983 to produce and distribute films and videos on labor relations.
- A virtual museum about money in civilization, from antiquity to the present.
Museum of American Finance
- Online exhibits and resources chronicling the role of finance and capital markets in American history.
- More than 100 years of stories, product and brand histories,and photographs are now available online.
- History of the first oil gusher near Beaumont, Texas drilled by Anthony Lucas.
Tax History Project
- Provides scholars, policymakers, students, the media, and citizens with information about the history of American taxation. The project pursues its mission through a program of web-based documentary publication and original historical research.
Technological Innovation in New Zealand
- The site tells stories about the technologies important to the New Zealand economy in the 20th Century. Most of these technologies were identified by the end of the First World War.
Treasure and Prices in Spain 1505-1650
- Provide statistics to test the idea that the price level is related to the inflow of treasure into the Spanish economy.
The US Misery Index
- The misery index was initiated by Chicago Economist Robert Barro in the 1970's. It is simply the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate. It is assumed that both a higher rate of unemployment and a worsening of inflation both create economic and social costs for a country.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2014 at 17:45:07 UTC -