become an editor
the entire directory
only in Development_Economics/Microfinance
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Economics: Development Economics: Microfinance
Business: Financial Services: Microfinance
Society: Philanthropy: International Aid and Development
Microcredit Summit Campaign
- Conference information, international action plans, and reports on the state of microcredit in the world offered, as well as campaign newsletter, councils database, and related links. Also available in Spanish and French.
100 Friends Project
- Humanitarian organization providing funds and various services for education, housing, small business grants and loans, medical treatment and other needs for individuals and small organizations in developing countries.
Consultative Group to Assist the Poor (CGAP)
- Independent policy and research center dedicated to advancing financial access for the world's poor. Provides market intelligence, promotes standards, develops innovative solutions and offers advisory services to governments, microfinance providers, donors and investors.
European Fund for Southeast Europe
- EFSE fosters economic development and prosperity in Southeast Europe by provision of microcredit.
Five Talents UK
- The microfinance initiative of the worldwide Anglican Church. It helps establish, develop and support microfinance initiatives in developing countries, providing loan capital and training for entrepreneurs.
Funding the Poor Cooperative
- Promotes the use of microfinance as a tool for poverty alleviation in China.
- A nonprofit organization offering small loans, financial services and technology to alleviate poverty by helping people start self-sustaining businesses.
The Green Children Foundation
- Committed to helping the poor of the world by supporting microcredit, education and healthcare.
- Microfinance organization helping people around the world to escape poverty by providing microloans, savings services, training and mentoring.
- Global microfinance forum connecting college and university students with microfinance professionals and institutions.
The Micro Insurance Academy
- Provides research, training, structured technical assistance, advisory services and advocacy for pro-poor microinsurance.
The Microfinance Gateway
- Comprehensive online resource for the global microfinance community. It includes research and publications, feature articles, organization and consultant profiles, and the latest news, events and job opportunities.
The Microinsurance Centre
- Created by MicroSave-Africa to promote and provide resources for associations between insurance carriers and microfinance institutions (MFIs) active in the developing nations of Africa.
- A non-profit organization dedicated to helping the poor break the cycle of poverty by providing small business loans, other financial services, training, and counsel.
Opportunity International UK
- British charity specialising solely in microfinancial services for the developing world. Provides an overview of clients and activities, affiliated organizations, and accounts, as well as past publications.
People-Centered Economic Development
- P-CED is based in UK as a profit-for-purpose company. It uses the model: do business as usual and invest profits for social benefit.
UF Children's Hope India
- Student led microfinance project working to help fellow students in India by assisting in the development and funding of their small businesses.
Virtual Library on Microcredit
- Articles, events, and other information on alternative financial systems and related subjects such as community mobilization and enviro-economic development.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2013 at 6:24:04 UTC -