become an editor
the entire directory
only in Consumption_and_Wealth/Inequality
Consumption and Wealth
Society: Issues: Poverty
A Brief Look at Postwar U.S. Income Inequality
- Census Bureau 1996 paper pointing out the sharp decline in the percentage of income of the bottom 80% of American since the late 1960's, taking the whole thirty years as a block.
Growing Income Disparity and the Middle Class Squeeze
- Catholic Social Justice takes a stand against income disparity, which it says is growing fast in the US. Includes statistics.
- Graphically describes and criticizes income distribution in the United States.
Poverty, Inequality and Development: Research at Cornell University
- Portal to research on poverty, inequality and development at Cornell University.
United for a Fair Economy
- U.S. national, independent, nonpartisan organization concerned about the growing income, wage and wealth inequality in the United States. Specific issues include wage inequalities and "tax cuts for the rich".
The University of Texas Inequality Project (UTIP)
- The UTIP is a research group concerned with measuring and explaining movements of inequality in wages and earnings and patterns of industrial changes around the world. Techniques are applied to data from the United States, the OECD, and UNIDO, with interesting results for both developed and developing countries.
- An interview with Helena Norberg-Hodge, founder of the International Society for Ecology and Culture, regarding globalism, new world economics, and their effects on the consumerist society. (May 27, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 4, 2013 at 7:45:04 UTC -