become an editor
the entire directory
only in Social_Sciences/Criminology
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Criminology
Science: Science in Society: Forensic Science
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Forensics and Law
Science: Social Sciences: Sociology
Society: Issues: Crime and Justice
Society: Organizations: Student: Academic: Honor Societies: Alpha Phi Sigma
This category in other languages:
Crime and Social Control as Fields of Qualitative Research in the Social Sciences
- Discusses the importance of qualitative methods for criminological studies.
- Article about how crime mapping and analysis has been helping to reduce crime. Includes links to related resources.
Crime Prevention through Environmental Design
- Wikipedia article on this multi-disciplinary approach to deterring criminal behavior through environmental design, its history, strategies and effectiveness.
- Fully validated questionnaire used for measuring changes in offenders' attitudes to crime and evaluating the effectiveness of rehabilitative interventions, adopted by the prison and probation services in the UK.
- Research, articles, news and information on profiling, victimology, forensics, and behavioral science.
- The Crime Library provides a number of articles on criminals, analyzing their ways and habits to provide insight into their criminal tendencies.
- The Crime Library provides a number of articles about crimes and their perpetrators.
Environmental Criminology Research
- Focuses on geographic profiling, which uses sophisticated computer software to determine the most likely area of offender residence in cases of serial murder, rape and arson.
John Walker Crime Trends Analysis
- Consultancy service developing criminal justice forecasting and strategic planning models that can improve the focus and efficiency of police, courts, crime prevention and financial regulatory agencies.
Korean Institute of Criminology
- Assists in policy formulation by analyzing the current state of crime phenomena, conducts scientific studies, and contributes to public education through publication of the results of research projects.
Scandinavian Research Council for Criminology
- Furthers criminological research within member countries, and advises the Scandinavian governments and the Nordic Council on related issues. Includes information about the council, publications and links.
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Center (UNICRI)
- Organization created to advance policy and practice in the prevention and control of juvenile delinquency and adult criminality. Includes a collection of global criminology resources.
Virtual Center for Epidemiological Criminology
- Combines public health and criminal justice concerns. Issues such as drug abuse, HIV/AIDS, human trafficking and global warming are examined from a critical scientific viewpoint.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, September 8, 2013 11:15:05 AM EDT -