become an editor
the entire directory
only in Communication/Rhetoric
Business: Business Services: Communications: Public Speaking
Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Critical Thinking
Science: Social Sciences: Communication: Public Speaking
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Social: Persuasion and Social Influence
Society: Organizations: Self-Improvement: Toastmasters
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Language
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Logic: Informal Logic
- Discussion of one of Aristotle's major works; by Christof Rapp. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
A Few Definitions of Rhetoric
- Selection of definitions of rhetoric through the history.
- Scholarly discussion board, primarily on rhetoric issues. Linked to H-Net's academic announcements.
Peithos Web: Classic Rhetoric and Persuasion
- Selected full-text readings in classical rhetoric: Translated primary sources and authoritative secondary sources.
Plato on Rhetoric and Poetry
- Charles Griswold examines Plato's ideas on rhetoric and poetry. With bibliography. From Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy,
The Power of Words
- A description with examples of twenty types of emotional appeals, fallacious arguments, and other verbal manipulations that touch the heart and manipulate the mind.
Rhetoric and Composition Book Reviews Corner
- Compilation of reviews of books on rhetoric and composition. Arranged by title.
Rhetoric Approaches to Poetry
- Examination of the rhetorical approaches to poetry and literary criticism. By John Holcombe.
Victor Vitanza. Negation, Subjectivity and The History of Rhetoric
- Review of Victor Vitanza's book on discursive traditions and philosophical foundations of the history of rhetoric. By J.D.H. Amador. Published 1997.
Women's History in Rhetoric and Language
- Mailing list devoted to the field.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 17, 2014 at 10:24:09 UTC -