become an editor
the entire directory
only in Communication/Rhetoric
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Communication: Rhetoric
Business: Business Services: Communications: Public Speaking
Science: Science in Society: Skeptical Inquiry: Critical Thinking
Science: Social Sciences: Communication: Public Speaking
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Social: Persuasion and Social Influence
Society: Organizations: Self-Improvement: Toastmasters
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Language
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Logic: Informal Logic
A Few Definitions of Rhetoric
- Selection of definitions of rhetoric through the history.
- Discussion of one of Aristotle's major works; by Christof Rapp. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Gender and Rhetoric Bibliography
- Bibliography of works dealing with gender and rhetoric. University course material. [PDF]
H-Net Book Reviews for H-Rhetor
- Collection of reviews of books on rhetoric. Arranged by author.
- Scholarly discussion board, primarily on rhetoric issues. Linked to H-Net's academic announcements.
Immediacy of Rhetoric
- Doctoral thesis about immediacy of the internet as a rhetorical forum. Updated in 2002.
Peithos Web: Classic Rhetoric and Persuasion
- Selected full-text readings in classical rhetoric: Translated primary sources and authoritative secondary sources.
Plato on Rhetoric and Poetry
- Charles Griswold examines Plato's ideas on rhetoric and poetry. With bibliography. From Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy,
Rhetoric Approaches to Poetry
- Examination of the rhetorical approaches to poetry and literary criticism. By John Holcombe.
- Handout of a graduate course on rhetoric and its theory. With texts and background material on classical and early Christian rhetoric.
Rhetoric and Composition Book Reviews Corner
- Compilation of reviews of books on rhetoric and composition. Arranged by title.
The Classical Conception of Rhetoric
- Offers a summary of this conception of rhetoric. Links to related lecture notes.
The Power of Words
- A description with examples of twenty types of emotional appeals, fallacious arguments, and other verbal manipulations that touch the heart and manipulate the mind.
Victor Vitanza. Negation, Subjectivity and The History of Rhetoric
- Review of Victor Vitanza's book on discursive traditions and philosophical foundations of the history of rhetoric. By J.D.H. Amador. Published 1997.
Women's History in Rhetoric and Language
- Mailing list devoted to the field.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 3:16:25 AM EDT -