become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cognitive_Science/Research_Groups
This category in other languages:
Adaptive Behavior and Cognition
- Explores cognitive strategies with which people and other animals make judgments and decisions in uncertain situations [Max-Planck-Institute for Human Development, Berlin].
Computational Epistemology Lab
- Research on analogies, emotion, neuroscience from a philosophy background [Paul Thagard, University of Waterloo, Canada].
Humanoid Robotics Group
- A long-term exploration of what developmental psychology can teach robotics, and vice versa. (MIT, director: Rodney Brooks)
- Institute for Logic, Cognition, Language and Information at the University of the Basque Country. Aims to bring together researchers working in these fields and integrate them in common projects. Includes details of research projects, workshops, seminars and conferences.
Institut des Sciences Cognitives
- The National Center for Scientific Research in France promoting study of cognition, especially in humans. Many of the working papers and links to other websites are in English.
- An interdisciplinary lab at the interface between the humanities the social sciences and the cognitive sciences. Content in French and English.
Kavli Institute for Brain and Mind
- Conducts research into the origins, evolution and mechanisms of human cognition. Includes group news and publications. Located at the University of California, San Diego, USA.
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
- Research in this Institute at Leipzig, Germany, focuses on human cognitive abilities and cerebral processes, especially language, music and action.
The Mind Project
- Illinois State University cognitive science research and curriculum development project.
MIT Media Laboratory
- Broad range of human-machine research, focused on machines with common sense, viral communications, "smart" prostheses, advanced sensor networks, innovative interface design, and sociable robots. Includes information on academics, research, publications, events, and people.
Percepts and Concepts Laboratory
- Researching the interactions between perception and cognition. Director: Robert Goldstone.
- Studies the role of the parietal cortex in the processing of visual spatial information, and how such information is used to direct eye and arm movements. Many publications available online.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2014 at 6:24:03 UTC -