become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cognitive_Science/Cognitive_Scientists
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: People
Science: Social Sciences: Psychology: Cognitive: People
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Mind: Philosophers
Barsalou, Lawrence W.
- Perceptual bases of cognition, situated conceptualization, dynamic representations of concepts, frames, category learning, event memory.
Brooks, Rodney A.
- Embodied cognition in autonomous robots. (MIT, USA).
Calvin, William H.
- Theoretical neurophysiologist and popularizer. Author of "The Cerebral Code," "How Brains Think," "Conversations with Neil's Brain" and "A Brain for All Seasons," amongst other works.
Cave, Kyle R.
- Cognitive psychology of visual cognition, including attention, imagery, and object recognition.
Coneural — Center for Cognitive and Neural Studies
- Research center for computational embodied neuroscience. Director: Razvan Florian.
- Educational psychology. Darwinian approaches. (Univ. of Illinois, USA)
- Influential researcher on perception and perceptual illusion. Site gives access to selected publications as well as his CV and animated demonstrations of significant illusions.
- Representation in everyday activity, cognitive complexity.
- Neuroscience and consciousness.
Kosslyn, Stephen M.
- Mental imagery, perception.
- Perceptual grouping.
Loftus, Elizabeth F.
- Psychology of memory, false memory, eyewitness testimony.
- One of the pioneers and most creative thinkers of Artificial Intelligence research.
- Mobile robots and their psychology.
- Author of The Design of Everyday Things, list of books and articles in human-centered design.
O'Regan, J. Kevin
- Visual perception: "change blindness" (nice animated demos), active perception, eye movements, consciousness, and "the world as external memory".
Pylyshyn, Zenon W.
- Visual attention and preattention, critique of "pictorial" theories of mental imagery, foundational issues in the computational theory of the architecture of cognition.
- Information about Scaruffi's research and teaching activities in Cognitive Science, Psychology of Consciousness and Philosophy of Mind, and links to his papers, and to his annotated bibliography of cognitive science, artificial intelligence, neurobiology, artificial life, linguistics, neural networks, connectionism, cognitive psychology, and consciousness.
- Professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Artificial intelligence, multi-agent systems, and connectionist models and hybrid systems. Computational approaches to consciousness, commonsense reasoning, learning and skill acquisition in humans and machines.
- The philosophical, scientific, and historical study of imagination and mental imagery, and their role in consciousness and cognition [Cal State LA].
- Professor and Dean of Arts and Sciences at Case Western Reserve University. Research focus is to study how human thought processes are different than other species with an emphasis on blending.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 9, 2014 at 3:35:10 UTC -