become an editor
the entire directory
only in African_Studies/Programs_and_Research_Centers
Programs and Research Centers
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: Africa
Regional: Africa: Education
African Studies Centre
- Includes an overview of current research, list of publications, contact details, and news of upcoming conferences and seminars.
Boston University - African Studies Center
- General information about the center, as well as its programs, language studies, publications, outreach efforts, and research resources.
Botswana Institute for Development Policy Analysis
- Features descriptions of ongoing research, publications listings and prices, staff directory, and Botswana economic briefings.
Cornell University - African Studies and Research Center
- Offers an overview of current research, calendar of events and faculty profiles. Located in Ithaca, New York.
Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa
- Consortium based in Dakar, Senegal facilitates social science research in Africa. Features news, information on grants and fellowships, job opportunities, contact details, as well as links to related resources.
Duke University - African and African-American Studies
- North Carolina, USA.
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
- Facilitating problem solving and enhancing decision making through research excellence in the human sciences. The HSRC operates under a dual mission - one aspect embracing its research activities, and the other its funding activities.
Indiana University - African Studies Program
- An overview of the Program for current and prospective students. Features staff profiles, newsletter, links to related sites, grant opportunities, and contact details. USA.
Kyoto University - Center for African Area Studies
- Japanese academic research institution in Japan devoted to African Studies. Details organizational research initiatives and provides history and photographs from past activities.
Moscow State University - The Institute of Asian and African Studies
New York University - Africana Studies Program
Northwestern University (Evanston, Illinois)
- Program of African Studies.
Ohio University - African Studies Program
- Offers "Toguna" online newsletter and forum along with academic program announcements, student organizations, faculty roster, and course catalogs.
Oxford University - Centre for the Study of African Economies
- Dedicated to providing information to scholars researching economic aspects of African Studies. Features working papers, conference information, events, links to related sites, and contact details. UK.
SOAS - University of London
- School of Oriental and African Studies. Covers departments, events and projects.
Study in Africa Program
- Offers field courses in Africa with guided integrated studies, biology, anthropology, geology, and political science.
Tulane University - African & African Diaspora Studies
- Offers interdisciplinary courses of study that may lead to either a Major or a Minor. Includes faculty, events and resources. Louisiana, USA.
University at Albany, State University of New York.
- Department of African Studies.
University of Bielefeld (Germany).
- Sociology of Development Research Centre.
University of Edinburgh - Centre of African Studies
- Offers seminar and special events schedule with academic curriculum details, research area and publication notes, and annual conference highlights.
University of Georgia, African Studies Program
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - Center for African Studies
- Provides an overview of the Center's activities. Features mission statement, links to related sites, calendar of events, as well as contact details. USA.
University of Iowa
- Art and Life in Africa Project.
University of Kansas, African & Afro-American Studies
- Lawrence, Kansas
University of Khartoum
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - Department of African, African American, and Diaspora Studies
- Introduces mission and purpose, with symposia and special events announcements, departmental directory, academic requirements and course overviews, and faculty profiles.
University of Oslo - Centre for Development and the Environment
- African, Southeast Asian, and Latin American studies. Norway.
University of Pennsylvania - African Studies Center
- Offers overview of center's mission, academic and language offerings, organized activities, and consortium library resources.
University of Vienna - Institute for African Studies
- Universität Wien, Institut für Afrikanistik. Austria. [English, German]
University of Virginia.
- Carter G.Woodson Institute for Afro-American and African Studies. Features program overview, description of courses, publications, and contact details.
University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- African Studies Program.
Washington University in St. Louis
- Features information on the program, faculty, speaker series, and post-doctoral fellowship opportunities. Missouri, USA.
Wayne State University - Africana Studies Department
- Study of the people of African descent, their societies and their contributions to world civilization. Covers the United States, the Caribbean, Latin America, the African continent and western Europe. Michigan, USA.
Yale University - Council on African Studies
- Coordinates the study of Africa within the university. Announces special events and colloquia, provides staff directory, lists courses with descriptions, summarizes outreach projects, and presents working papers focusing on research areas.
Programs and Research Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 4, 2015 at 12:13:00 UTC -