become an editor
the entire directory
only in Topics/Zooarchaeology
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Prehistoric Times: Animals
Science: Biology: Ecology
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Taphonomy
Ancient Biomolecules Centre
- University of Oxford research center in the Departments of Zoology and Biological Anthropology. Projects include research on Phylogenetics, Pathogens, and Beringian permafrost.
Archaeozoology in New Zealand
- Contains detailed information on several current research projects in New Zealand.
Bibliography of Foodways and Zooarchaeology on Historical Sites
- Compiled by William Hampton Adams.
Binghamton University Archaeological Analytical Research Facility
- Specimens represent taxa from the Northeastern United States, and include examples from South America, West Africa, and the Arctic. Species list and contact information.
- Online community for zooarchaeology.
California State University Chico Zooarchaeology Lab
- Skeletons of mammals, birds, and fish typical of Northern California and the Western Great Basin, where most of Chico State's archaeological research takes place. Detailed facility profile.
- A forum for topics of interest to zooarchaeologists working in Canada, and abroad. Regular and special feature articles are complemented by a variety of listings and exchanges.
Colorado State University Zooarchaeology
- Collection of pages related to L.C. Todd's zooarchaeology class. Includes information on coding animal bones and bison osteology.
Florida Museum of Natural History - Zooarchaeology Comparative Collection
- Skeletons of vertebrates and exoskeletons of mollusks and crustaceans from the southeastern United States, the West Indies, the circum-Caribbean area, and northwestern South America. Collection databases and contact information.
ICAZ Animal Palaeopathology Working Group
- Palaeopathology forum and downloadable bibliography [DOC format].
Indiana University Zooarchaeology Laboratory
- Profile of this laboratory whose purpose is to accumulate skeletal remains of indigenous animal species to facilitate identification of faunal materials from Indiana and contiguous states.
International Council for Archaeozoology
- ICAZ is an international organization for those interested in studying the rich history of human/animal interactions through the analysis of archaeological animal bones.
International Journal of Osteoarchaeology
- Provides a forum for the publication of papers dealing with all aspects of the study of human and animal bones from archaeological contexts. Including coverage in the following key areas: palaeopathology, physical anthropology, epidemiology, chemical analysis, exploitation of animal resources, taphonomy.
Marine Turtle Exploitation in Bronze Age Oman
- Paper by Christine Mosseri-Marlio, published in the Marine Turtle Newsletter.
North Atlantic Biocultural Organisation
- NABO is an interdisciplinary, international, non-governmental regional research cooperative that works to serve scholars interested in the interactions of humans and changing landscapes across the North Atlantic region.
Research into the Aurochs
- Research to retrace the history, morphology and ecology of the extinct aurochs (Bos primigenius).
University of Oregon Zooarchaeology
- Profile of the zooarchaeology program including staff and comparative collection information.
Dig Discovery is Oldest 'Pet Cat'
- From BBC, oldest known evidence of people keeping cats as pets may have been discovered by archaeologists. (April 08, 2004)
Did Carolina Dogs Arrive With Ancient Americans?
- From National Geographic, Carolina Dog live much like the dogs of ancient times, suggesting to researchers that they may be America's most primitive dogs with roots that could stretch back across the ancient Asia-America land bridge. (March 11, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 22, 2015 at 12:35:09 UTC -