become an editor
the entire directory
only in Underwater/Shipwrecks
Recreation: Outdoors: Scuba Diving: Wreck Diving
Society: History: By Topic: Maritime: Ships
This category in other languages:
- Articles about California shipwrecks plus pictures of artifacts, underwater video, an online database of California wrecks, and a list of shipwreck links from the California State Lands Commission.
Deep Dive Blog
- Information on shipwrecks.
The Great Lakes Shipwreck File
- Provides a list of losses of commercial vessels in the Great Lakes during the period 1679 - 1999, compiled by Dave Swayze.
Great Lakes Shipwrecks Preservation Soc
- GLSPS was formed in 1996 to help preserve and restore the deteriorating shipwrecks of the Great Lakes region. Includes information and photographs.
Hunting New England Shipwrecks
- Historical backgrounds, pictures and other information on some of New England's most well-known shipwrecks. Maps and charts of the area, information on locating and diving on wrecks, and a message board.
International Registry of Sunken Ships
- Features a comprehensive shipwreck database and list of the greatest maritime disasters. Partly fee-based, but searching for one specific vessel is free.
Lost Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Features new shipwreck discoveries and expeditions around the world, underwater archaeology and treasures from the deep. With photographs.
Minnesota's Historic Shipwrecks
- Minnesota Historical Society information on Lake Superior and inland lake and river shipwrecks. Includes history and development of Great Lakes watercraft.
NOAA: Wrecks and Obstructions Database
- Histories of each wreck from the Channel Islands National Park and Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary.
Old Ship Remains in the Solent
- Scholarly report from Southampton University on ancient ship timbers discovered off the coast of Hayling Island, southern England.
Sadana Island Shipwreck Project
- Cheryl Ward describes the underwater excavation in 1996 of an Ottoman-period shipwreck off Egypt's Red Sea coast by the Institute of Nautical Archaeology.
Shipwrecks: Time Capsules of Human Civilization
- Interactive weblog devoted to discussions regarding ships, shipwrecks and nautical archaeology.
Sub Sea Research, LLC
- Company locating and recovering researched historic shipwrecks worldwide. Includes information on the professional team, the marine technology used, artifact recovery, conservation and current projects.
Victorian Ships' Graveyard
- Underwater exploration of shipwrecks in the waters of Bass Strait, Victoria, Australia. History of the area referred to as the Graveyard, legislation protecting it, and details of current projects.
Whitby Dive Site
- Provides information on Yorkshire, UK shipwrecks, with accurate descriptions, depths and GPS positions.
- Information from the underwater archaeology program of the Wisconsin Historical Society. Includes videos and a Kid's Corner.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 13, 2015 at 14:41:39 UTC -