become an editor
the entire directory
only in Topics/Underwater
Structures and Dwellings
Tools and Techniques
Recreation: Outdoors: Scuba Diving
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography
Society: History: By Topic: Maritime
This category in other languages:
1994 Preliminary Report for Fujairah
- Preliminary report outlines the surveying efforts made by the University of California Office of Scientific Diving research team, led by Chris Kostman, M.A. This survey of the entire eastern coast of the UAE.
Airplanes Underwater Blog
- Underwater aviation archaeology news.
Archaeology of Whaling in Southern Australia and New Zealand
- An international project looking at the archaeology and history of Australasia's whaling industry. Aims, conferences, bibliography, regional contributions.
Ballard and the Black Sea
- National Geographic reports on Dr Bob Ballard's expedition in search of evidence of human habitation on the bed of the Black Sea. Interviews, transcripts, and observation logs.
Charter on the Protection and Management of Underwater Cultural Heritage
- From the International Council of Monuments and Sites.
Department of Maritime Archaeology Bibliographic Database
- Searchable listing of maritime archaeological and associated references from the Western Australia Museum.
Issues in Underwater Archaeology
- The Connecticut Office of State Archaeology is striving to develop a cooperative approach to protecting our maritime heritage. Artifact identification, workshops, FAQs for divers, sites in Connecticut.
Nordic Underwater Archaeology
- Describes how the cold brackish Baltic Sea has preserved wrecks, as well as giving links to maritime archaeology resources worldwide.
Rhode Island Marine Archaeology Project
- Performs background research, collects historical information and conducts field work on the vessels beneath Rhode Island waters.
River Yields Sunken Scientific Riches
- From NBC News, Hudson mapping project reveals hidden treasure, including scores of historic shipwrecks.
The Trireme Trust
- Studies of the design, use, and capabilities of this historically important type of ship.
- Encourages research of coastal archaeology and maritime heritage of the Americas. (Spanish and English)
Underwater Archaeology Discussion List
- Sub-Arch covers the field of underwater archaeology. It is a list primarily intended for professionals in the field.
Underwater Mystery Unravels
- Xinhua reports on China's first-ever underwater archaeological expedition. The site, possibly Han Dynasty, is deep in Fuxian Lake in Southwest China's Yunnan Province. (June 04, 2001)
Shipwreck Salvage - Treasure Hunters vs. Archaeologists
- An illustrated article from About.com on kraters, amphoras and other Greek pottery found in shipwrecks. (October 20, 1998)
Usenet sci.archaeology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 24, 2015 at 2:29:21 UTC -