become an editor
the entire directory
only in Topics/Portable_Antiquities
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Portable Antiquities
US Civil War
Arts: Visual Arts: Sculpture: History
Kids and Teens: School Time: Social Studies: Archaeology: Mummies
Reference: Museums: Museum Resources: Conservation and Preservation
Reference: Museums: Science: Archaeology
Society: Crime: Theft: Art and Antiquities
An Archaeological Guide to Historic Artifacts of the Upper Sangamon Basin
- A visual guide by Lenville J. Stelle for those interested in identifying and dating 19th and 20th century artifacts common to the American Midwest.
Asian American Comparative Collection
- Established in 1982 at the University of Idaho. A type collection and database for 19th and 20th century Asian objects likely to be encountered in North America.
Homo Faber or Homo Symbolicus
- Transoxiana 8. The question asked is why beginning in the sixth millennium we find such a fascination with copper jewelry and small axes considering that copper tools are less efficient than those made of stone.
- CBA guide to portable antiquities, metal detecting and archaeology.
Portable Antiquities Scheme
- A government-backed scheme for the recording of finds in England and Wales. Includes a database containing information on c.9,000 archaeological finds with c.600 images.
Spanish Colonial Military Artifacts
- Exhibition and interpretation of ca. 1650-1821 Spanish colonial military artifacts from the former Spanish Floridas and Louisiana. Emphasis is on such uniform-related materials as buttons, buckles, and insignia.
- Illustrated introductions to pottery, burials and human bones from archaeologist Sue Anderson. Also bibliographies and reports on finds from specific sites.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, March 28, 2010 2:38:03 AM EDT -