become an editor
the entire directory
only in England/Stonehenge
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: England: Wiltshire: Science and Environment
- Stonehenge information, pictures, legends, and lore including theories on construction, purposes, and age for both students and tourists. Includes photographs.
Bradshaw Foundation: Stonehenge
- An illustrated overview of this megalithic monument and its topographical and prehistoric context.
English Heritage: Stonehenge
- Official visitor and conservation information. Includes a history with reconstructions, opening times and the site management plan.
New - Age UK
- Features photos of the Stonehenge Summer Solstice, Glastonbury Festival 2004, Avebury, and Stonehenge Tunnel news. Sign the guestbook or submit a contact form.
Of Stonehenge Pyramids and Man
- Gordon Pipes presents a theory on the movement of heavy stones. How the ancient Britons could have transported the sarsen stones to Stonehenge without dragging them along.
- Photographs of the monument by visitor Ron Spohn, part of Cyberranch.
- Dr. Christopher L C E Witcombe provides an illustrated account of the different phases in the construction of this complex.
Stonehenge Under Threat
- The plan to build a new road through the Stonehenge World Heritage Site, and the Stonehenge Master Plan. Includes newspaper cuttings, briefings, parliamentary debates, and a large collection of links.
Stonehenge, Avebury and Associated Sites
- Description and statement of significance for denoting these stone circles as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- A guide to the history of Stonehenge, with information for visitors and many photographs, including the Summer Solstice Celebrations.
Stonehenge: The Ancient Enigma
- Enthusiast Christiaan provides an illustrated description of the monument, phase by phase, and discusses its possible uses. Includes reconstruction drawings and bibliography, Banners and pop-ups.
Lasers Reveal Invisible Stonehenge Carvings
- From New Scientist, laser scanning has revealed ancient carvings on the pillars of Stonehenge that are invisible to the naked eye. (October 03, 2003)
The Great Prize of Starlit Stonehenge
- The new plans for Stonehenge deserve support, writes Francis Pryor in British Archaeology. (December 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2013 at 13:15:45 UTC -