become an editor
the entire directory
only in Megaliths/United_Kingdom
Reference: Museums: Science: Archaeology: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Alastair's OTHER Stone Circle Pages
- Less well known stone circles of Britain, with photographs and information on each.
- Richard Mudhar's lively guide to megalithic sites in the UK and Eire. Introduction, typology, bibliography. Distribution map, searchable database of names and grid references, photographs of selected sites.
- Interactive Virtual Reality tours of the interiors of long barrows, passage graves and fogous. Over 3500 megalithic images, panoramic and infrared photography, site information, and accurate GPS map references.
The Standing Stones of Stenness
- Lively, illustrated feature in journalist Sigurd Towrie's 'Orkneyjar' on the henge of tall stones and the discoveries there in 1972.
- Campaign for the protection of the Thornborough Henges, Yorkshire. Includes images and details of archaeology on this vast site.
UK Neolithic Monuments
- Provides a map showing the general location and dispersion of Neolithic monuments throughout the UK.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 27, 2013 at 8:45:11 UTC -