become an editor
the entire directory
only in Epigraphy/Rongorongo
Regional: South America: Chile: Regions: Valparaíso: Easter Island
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Austronesian: Malayo-Polynesian: Eastern: Rapanui
Easter Island's Rongorongo Script
- Steven Fischer attempts to decipher the hieroglyphic writing of Easter Island. Includes a response to Jacques Guy's criticism.
The Jaussen List
- Bishop Jaussen's list of glyphs, with their readings as collected from his informant Metoro Tauara. Used by many as a key to decipherment.
Rongorongo Home Page
- Papers by Sergei V. Rjabchikov regarding his research into this mysterious ancient language of Easter Island.
Rongorongo: The Easter Island Tablets
- Jacques B.M. Guy describes this unique writing system and the attempts at its decipherment. Includes a critique of Stephen Fischer's proposed decipherment.
Two Systems of Symbolic Writing
- A comparison by Egbert Richter-Ushanas of the Indus Script and the Rongorongo Script of Easter Island.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:55:35 UTC -