become an editor
the entire directory
only in Epigraphy/Ogham
- Curtis Clark describes this old Irish alphabet and the plants that correspond to it. He considers its origins in the light of the distribution of those plants, with maps.
The Equinox Project
- Research archive of the Equinox Project. It includes a new method of understanding petroglyphs. Sun powered devices that note specific times of the solar year accurately are also a feature.
The Ogam Scales from the Book of Ballymote
- The Equinox Project reproduces this article by Barry Fell from the Epigraphical Society Occasional Papers vol.22, which includes the ogam alphabets listed in the Book of Ballymote.
Ogham Inscriptions Index
- Jost Gippert of Frankfurt University aims to provide a new edition of the corpus of ogham inscriptions. Photographs with translations of ogham stones from Ireland, Wales and Scotland. Bibliography.
The Ogham Stone
- Liberty Mill's illustrated guide to this ancient Irish writing system, with a complete table of Ogham characters. Examples of standing stones with Ogham inscriptions. Links.
The Traditional History of the Ogham
- An essay by Kevin Jones arguing for a derivation from the Greek alphabet.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:55:35 UTC -