become an editor
the entire directory
only in Epigraphy/Greek
Reference: Dictionaries: World Languages: G: Greek
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Hellenistic
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: Greece
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Hellenic: Classical Greek
- Resource for manuscripts and for Greek transcriptions.
Centre for the Study of Ancient Documents
- Oxford University's epigraphical archive, which includes one of the largest collections of squeezes (paper impressions) of Greek inscriptions in the world. Broad coverage of early Greek inscriptions, Attic epigraphy and the Hellenistic world, as well as Chios, Samos, Priene, Rhodes, and Samothrace.
Hekatompedon Inscription Reconsidered
- Topographical and social study of the so-called Hekatompedon inscription (IG I2, 4). The paper focuses on the reasons behind the inscription and gives a hypothesis on the every day situation in this area on the Acropolis.
Lexicon of Greek Personal Names
- Research Project of the British Academy, whose aim is to collect and publish with documentation all known Ancient Greek personal names, drawn from all available sources, within the period from the earliest Greek written records to approximately the sixth century CE.
Program in Aegean Scripts and Prehistory
- Specialized research into areas of Aegean and eastern Mediterranean prehistory and archaeology pertaining to inscribed or marked materials, at the Department of Classics at University of Texas at Austin.
- Searchable translations and forum for Byzantine lexicography.
Usenet sci.lang -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 19:05:03 UTC -