become an editor
the entire directory
only in Topics/Epigraphy
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Epigraphy
Arts: Classical Studies
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Graphemics and Orthography
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient
The Arabic & Islamic Inscriptions
- Examples of Pre-Islamic and Islamic Arabic Inscriptions from 1st Century of Hijra onwards.
British Epigraphy Society
- An independent 'chapter' of the Association Internationale d'Epigraphie Grecque et Latine. Aims, constitution, committee, events, news, jobs and prizes.
Browsing the Memory of the World
- Describes use of Unicode for encoding dead and academic scripts.
Celtic Inscribed Stones
- A study by University College London of all non-Runic early medieval inscribed stones in the British Isles and Brittany. Scope, researchers, and online database.
Chicago Demotic Dictionary (CDD)
- A lexicographic tool for reading texts written in a late stage of the ancient Egyptian language and in a highly cursive script known as Demotic.
- Journal of the German Archaeological Institute, covering many epigraphic topics. Lsts content of recent volumes.
Cuneiform Tablet Collection Catalogue
- Online searchable database Institut Catholique de Paris (ICP).
Discussion Group: Inscriptiones-l
- A scholarly discussion forum for those people with a professional interest in Greek and Latin epigraphy.
Inscriptions from the Land of Israel
- Project of the University of Virginia to create a searchable database of all the inscriptions from Israel from c.330 BC to 614 AD. Inscriptions from Beth She'arim currently available.
Linear A Texts in Phonetic Transcription
- Proposed phonetic translation. Includes bibliography, and images.
The Neo-Assyrian Text Corpus Project
- Attempt to collect all published and unpublished Neo-Assyrian texts into an electronic database.
The Oriental Institute and Epigraphy
- The epigraphic survey of this institute of the University of Chicago was founded in 1924 and continues to record inscriptions and decoration on Ancient Egyptian monuments.
- Ole Hagen argues that this inscription from Minoan Crete is a calendar. Includes drawings of both faces of the disc.
The two sides of the Phaistos Disc
- Proposes a connection between the Phaistos Disc, the Arkalochorie axe and Linear A.
Zeitschrift für Papyrologie und Epigraphik (ZPE)
- International Journal for Papyrology and Ancient Epigraphics, covering the full spectrum of ancient texts. The articles are written in the author's languages, including English, German, and French.
Picturing the Past
- Researcher Tom Malzbender has invented a tool that lets scholars see ancient inscribed texts in ways never before possible. Illustrated article from Hewlett-Packard Labs. (December 06, 2000)
Earliest Writing Found
- The earliest examples of writing may have been discovered in Pakistan, according to archaeologists working on the Harappa project. BBC News report. (May 04, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 5:45:06 AM EDT -