become an editor
the entire directory
only in Topics/Archaeometry
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Methodology
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Geoarchaeology
Archaeometry Lab: Missouri University Research Reactor
- Specializes in trace element "fingerprinting" of archaeological specimens to determine their source. Contains details on techniques used and sample projects.
Archives of ARCH-METALS
- Mailing list for the discussion of all aspects of archaeo-metallurgy including ancient metallurgy and metal artifacts, the applications of material science to archaeo- metallurgy, and the development of methodologies to the study archaeo- metallurical debris.
Berkely Archaeological X-Ray Fluorescence Laboratory
- Focuses on obsidian sourcing. Includes information on technology used and fees.
Gerry McDonnell's Archaeometallurgy
- Information is provided on the archeology and metallurgy of archaeological and historic iron. Consultancy expertise is outlined. Information about research projects is provided. Other metals like copper are included.
Laboratory for Archaeometry and Non Destructive Analyses
- Archaeometry laboratory of the University of Rome. Contains a bibliography on non destructive archaeometry.
Materials Science-Based Archaeology Group
- Oxford University research group studying all aspects of the metallurgical process, from smelting to metal finishing, and from the first use of alloys in the 5th/4th millennia BC to the Industrial Revolution.
Society for Archaeological Sciences
- Professional society of scholars applying methods from the physical sciences to archaeology. Links to many archaeometry sources, society officers and publications, and a related mailing list.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 18, 2016 at 3:46:57 UTC -