become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archaeoastronomy/Stonehenge
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Prehistory: Neolithic
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Topics: Megaliths: United Kingdom: England: Stonehenge
Astro-Archaeology at Stonehenge
- Explores the theories of Gerald Hawkins and Sir Fred Hoyle who claim that stones are an eclipse predictor.
- An archaeoastronomical teaching aid, based upon Stonehenge, embodying astronomical alignments from prehistoric British, Babylonian and Maori cosmologies.
Stonehenge in Winter
- Article discussing the history of this monument and casting doubts on the theory that it is aligned to the midsummer sunrise.
Sun and Moon applet in polar coordinates
- This Java applet displays the position of the sun and the moon in polar coordinates for any date and time. The results for lunar standstills are presented and compared with the Stonehenge observatory.
Terror in the Sky
- In an article for British Archaeology magazine, space researcher Duncan Steel argues that Stonehenge was built to predict meteor showers. (June 01, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:55:34 UTC -