become an editor
the entire directory
only in Archaeoastronomy/Mayan
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Mesoamerican: Maya
Society: History: By Region: North America: Ancient Age: Mayan
- Dating the eclipse table of the Dresden Codex, with solution of the correlation problem. Technical.
The Maya Astronomy Page
- Contains study of Maya mathematics, geographical orientation, writing, calendar, and Maya-related links.
- An explanation of the long count, the tzolkin-haab and the relation between the Maya Calendar and the Gregorian Calendar.
- A review of prehispanic astronomic knowledge: numeration, calendars, dates, stelae, codices and architecture. Extensive bibliography
Sun key to Mayan misery?
- The BBC report on a theory that Mayan astronomy may have been inspired by fluctuations in the brightness of the sun. (May 22, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2012 at 16:45:04 UTC -