become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/New_Mexico
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: North America: United States: New Mexico
Native American History
Aztec Ruins National Monument
Bandelier National Monument
Chaco Culture National Historic Park
Gila Cliff Dwellings
Pecos National Historical Park
Regional: North America: United States: New Mexico
Archaeostronomy - North America
- Offers a basic introduction and features a few sites in the Southwestern region. Includes descriptions and photos.
Belen Projectile Points
- Explanation about distinctive projectile point artifacts found in the central Rio Grande Valley area. Uses images to explain details.
New Mexico Archaic--Oshara Tradition
- About lithic materials used by Native Americans in the Central Rio Grande Valley.
- Bill Porter supplies photographs of a previously unpublished site near Los Lunas, New Mexico, together with general information on petroglyphs and rock art, with references.
The Pueblo of Sandia Petroglyph Project
- Information on when a group of six students from Sandia Pueblo worked on a project recording petroglyphs at Petroglyph National Monument in New Mexico.
Roads to the Past: Fifty Years of Highway Archaeology in New Mexico
- Developed through the Museum of New Mexico and the New Mexico Department of Transportation, this traveling exhibition highlights some of the discoveries. Search a database by sites, projects, counties, cultures or materials, and find links to related Web sites.
South Corner Time: Excavations and Sunrise Observations at Indian Racetrack
- History of the site known as "Indian Racetrack" in northwestern New Mexico including measurements in an attempt to discover solar alignments.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 17:55:44 UTC -