become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Alaska
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: North America: United States: Alaska
Regional: North America: United States: Alaska
Alaska Historical Commission
- A forum for citizens' voices in the development of state history policy. Members advise the Governor on programs concerning history and prehistory, historic sites and buildings, and on geographic names.
Alaska Office of History and Archaeology
- Works to preserve sites and buildings that reflect Alaska's heritage. A staff of archaeologists, historians, and architectural historians oversee programs to identify, document and restore sites and buildings, and to educate Alaskans and visitors about these non-renewable resources.
Broken Mammoth Archaeological Project
- Late Pleistocene and Early Holocene loess deposits, rich with calcium carbonate, have preserved butchered remains of birds and mammals in unequivocal stratigraphic context with human- made stone tools and hearth charcoal at three sites near Shaw Creek in the middle Tanana Valley, the Broken Mammoth, Mead, and Swan Point sites.
Castle Hill Archaeological Project
- Online report from the Alaska Office of History and Archaeology on the discovery of remains of four 19th century Russian-American Company buildings and a huge number of artifacts.
Prehistory of Alaska
- Overview from the American National Park Service. Includes a bibliography of print resources on the topic.
Site Formation Processes on the Coast of Alaska
- From Backdirt, studying the natural processes that have shaped the archaeological changing physical environment.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:55:44 PM EST -