become an editor
the entire directory
only in Regional/North_America
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: North America
Contractors and Consultants
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Mesoamerican
Society: History: By Region: North America
Ancient Maps And Corn Help Track The Migrations Of Indigenous People
- From Science Daily, the work of Roberto Rodreguez and Patrisia Gonzales, who study ancient maps, oral traditions and the movement of domesticated crops to learn more about the origins of native people in the Americas.
- A brief description of the earliest cultural horizon in North America.
A Journey to a New Land
- From the Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology on the first peopling of the New World. Highlights: Interviews with scientists, QuickTime Interactive timeline photorealistic reconstructions games for younger visitors.
Kennewick Man Virtual Interpretive Center
- In-depth coverage of the discovery of a 9,200-year-old skeleton in eastern Washington state and the ensuing controversy involving scientists, Native Americans, and the government, as covered by a local newspaper.
- A review of hypotheses and evidence relating to the origins of the First Americans by James Q. Jacobs.
Paleoindian and other Archaeological Stuff
- A collection of articles concerning Paleoindians and other archaeological related subjects. Folsom articles represent the major portion of this collection.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2012 at 9:54:04 UTC -