become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_East/Syria
Ras el Shamra - Ugarit
Regional: Middle East: Syria: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Arabic
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Armenian
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Indo-Iranian: Iranian: Kurdish
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible: References and Tools: Archaeology
This category in other languages:
- Details the Syrian-German excavations. Includes a topographical plan, restoration photos, members of the team, the state of research, a history of the city, and selected literature.
- Summary of this Finnish project with photos and video clips.
Museum Of Antiquities Hands Coffin Panel Back To Syrian Museum
- A 2000-year-old fragment of a lead sarcophagus is set to be returned to the Syrian National Museum, thanks to the efforts of experts at Newcastle University's Museum of Antiquities.
Neolithic Human Burials from Tell Ain el-Kerkh
- Covers excavations in the Rouj Basin, 20km southwest of Idlib. From Antiquity, Vol.77,No. 295, March,2003.
- Bibliography of archaeobotanical reports from Syrian sites.
- Brief description of this Bronze Age site, situated on the Euphrates.
Tell Mishrife (Qatna)
- Basic information on the Italian excavations at this site.
- Rescue excavations by St. Louis Archaeological Expeditions of a Syrian city, from Early Bronze Age to medieval. Photographs, area map, bibliography.
Urkesh (Tell Mozan)
- A review of current work at Tell Mozan with a comprehensive digital library.
Rare Statue Unearthed
- From IOL, A Polish archeological expedition has recently unearthed a unique statue of the winged Goddess of Triumph in the ancient city of Palmyra. (May 15, 2005)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 27, 2014 at 5:24:09 UTC -