become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_East/Oman
Regional: Middle East: Oman: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Arabic
Archaeological Sites of Bat, Al-Khutm and Al-Ayn
- Oman sites added to the World Heritage Site list.
Atlantis of the Sands
- Southern Oman yields ruins of an ancient city on the fabled frankincense route.
- The ruins of the immense fort, with its walls and towers of unbaked brick and its stone foundations, is a remarkable example of this type of fortification and attests to the power of the Banu Nebhan.
Digging in the Land of Magan
- Oman's early settlers were Neolithic pastoralists and seafaring people who worked trade routes from Mesopotamia to the Indus Valley.
Homage to Oman
- Oman looking for evidence of its past, a daunting task considering the country's headlong pursuit of the future.
Lost City of Arabia
- NOVA story of the discovery of Shisur.
Oasis Settlements in Oman
- Information about a research project from the German Institute of Archaeology, to investigate early oasis settlements in the Al Hajar massif.
Oman Archaeology Network
- Project description for the Oman Archaeology Network proposed by the Oman Studies Center. Its aim is to bring together archaeologists with a special interest in Oman.
- Pair of images from space shows a portion of the southern Empty Quarter of the Arabian Peninsula in the country of Oman.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 15, 2011 at 8:35:07 UTC -