become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_East/Jordan
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Afro-Asiatic: Arabic
This category in other languages:
- Provides interactive maps of archaeological sites in Jordan and downloadable GIS data, satellite imagery and a rank size program. Also includes information on the Moab Archaeological Resource survey, Tel Madaba and on Dr. Stephen Savage.
Abila of the Decapolis Archaeological Project
- Includes a history of the site, maps, photos, contact details and information for volunteers.
Ain Ghazal Neolithic statues
- Information on the discovery, preservation, interpretation and display of the statues at the Smithsonian Institution, Washington D.C.
Avdat & the Nabateans
- Brief article by Arthur Rosen in The Jewish Magazine relates a history of this nomadic Arab tribe. With photos.
The Fortress of Machaerous
- Description of the site and its excavation. Includes bibliography and photographs.
- Bibliography of archaeobotanical reports from Levantine sites, including Jordanian sites.
- The ancient Nabataean people built the spectacular city of Petra, as well as many other cities in Arabia.
- Includes a virtual tour of the site, information on the major finds, the primary data and the main published papers.
Tell Ya'amun Excavations
- Excavations focused on the Byzantine Church near the center of the tell, Bronze Age settlement on the northeast edge, and the Bronze Age tombs across the wadi to the west of the tell. Details on the 2001-2004 excavations.
- Description of the site, focusing on the church of St Stephen. Also includes photographs and a bibliography.
- Byzantine site in northeast Jordan. Includes a bibliography, images, maps, and essays.
Virtual Karak Resources Project
- A multidisciplinary study of the Karak district. Includes information on the archaeology, history, environment and culture of the area. Also has a photo gallery and maps.
Wadi Araba Archaeological Research Project
- Description of the on-going archaeological work. Includes photographs, maps, GIS data, and a bibliography.
Wadi Arabah Project
- Description of the on-going archaeological work. Includes photographs, maps and a bibliography.
Wadi Ziqlab Project
- Archaeological research on Epipalaeolithic, Neolithic, Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age settlements in northwestern Jordan.
Late Bronze Age Temple Discovered
- From the Lebanon Daily Star, the recent discovery of a temple at Tell al-Umayri in central Jordan, excavated as part of the Madaba Plains Project. (August 05, 2004)
Ancient Moabite Fort Provides Insight Into History of Weaving
- From The Lebanon Daily Star, a recent discovery of a cache of clay loom weights at Khirbat al-Mudaybi in Central Jordan is shedding new light on ancient textile crafts and industries. (May 20, 2004)
Prehistoric Row Erupts Over Hunter-gatherer Riddle
- From the Age, Australian archaeologists have sparked an academic row by claiming to have solved the riddle of a missing 1,000 years in human prehistory. (February 19, 2004)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 21, 2015 at 22:10:25 UTC -