become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_East/Jerusalem
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Middle East: Jerusalem
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Bible: References and Tools: Archaeology
Bible Places: Hezekiah's Tunnel
- Features a number of photos of the tunnel. Includes links to other sites.
Bible Places: Warren's Shaft
- Photos of this underground tunnel system discovered by Charles Warren in the 1860s.
The Jerusalem Archaeological Park
- Includes the Temple Mount, Mount of Olives and the Kidron and Hinnom Valleys. Map, timeline, virtual reconstruction, biographies, history, bibliography, visitor information.
- History and archaeology of Jerusalem's Old City.
The Temple Mount in Jerusalem
- Plan, description and analysis of the site by Leen Ritmeyer, with reconstructions of the temple built by Herod the Great. Sales of drawings, posters, and slides.
Dating of King Hezekiah's Tunnel Verified by Scientists
- Press release stating that radiometric dating of the Siloam Tunnel in Jerusalem shows that it was excavated about 700 years before the Common Era, and can be safely attributed to the Judean King Hezekiah. (September 10, 2003)
Pyramids in Jerusalem
- Describes a stylized image of a pyramid-topped first-century tomb on an ossuary at the Cincinnati Art Museum. [Archaeology Magazine] (September 24, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:55:46 PM EST -