become an editor
the entire directory
only in Middle_East/Cyprus
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Middle East: Cyprus
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
Minoan and Mycenaean
Regional: Middle East: Cyprus: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Mediterranean
This category in other languages:
Aceramic Period Cyprus
- Article on the Aceramic Period of Khirokitia dated to the sixth millennium BCE. The settlement displays cosmopolitan contacts with adjacent Palaeolithic societies in the Mediterranean.
Agia Napa Monastery
- Photographs and information on this ancient Christian site.
Agia Varvara-Almyras Research Project
- Study of ancient copper production on Cyprus. The project is a joint-venture between the Archaeometallurgical Project of Agia Varvara-Almyras in Cyprus, the Swiss National Foundation for Scientific Research and the Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research. Site also available in German.
- Mailing list on the archaeology and history of Cyprus from earliest times to 1900CE. Open to archaeologists, historians, and interested members of the public.
- World heritage listing of the Choirokoitia archaeological site by UNESCO.
- Site devoted to Cyprus and Cypriot Archaeology. Lists of sites, periods, projects, and museums.
The Cyprus Treasure
- An evolving electronic library of historic monuments of ancient and Byzantine Cyprus.
The Earliest Prehistory of Cyprus
- A number of scientific articles provided by the American Schools of Oriental Research. [PDF]
Early Agricultural Remnants and Technical Heritage (EARTH)
- Fieldwork project to study threshing floors and the pre-mechanized agricultural landscape in Cyprus. Provides aims and objectives, activities, news, and resource links.
Excavations at Politiko Phorades
- A Late Bronze Age Cypriot copper mining site, the excavation is part of the Sydney Cyprus Survey Project investigating ancient mining and landscape archaeology in Cyprus.
Life in Cyprus: Archaeology
- Tourist guide and map to archaeological sites in Cyprus.
Sydney Cyprus Survey Project
- An interdisciplinary regional survey project in the Northern Troodos foothills, Central Cyprus, by the Department of Archaeology, University of Glasgow.
Yeronisos Island Expedition
- Archaeological expedition on the island of Yeronisos, off the coast of Cyprus, undertaken by Professor Joan Breton Connelly and the Yeronisos Island Expedition for New York University.
BBC: Bronze Age Perfume Discovered
- Italian archaeologists in Cyprus say they have found the site of an ancient perfume factory from the Bronze Age. (March 19, 2005)
One Cannot Export a Palace on Board a Ship
- From Backdirt, Aegean influences on Cypriot architecture toward the end of the Late Bronze Age, 13th century bce. (January 01, 2000)
Art Theft from Cyprus to Munich
- Archaeology magazine feature article by Mark Rose on the looting of frescoes, mosaics and icons from churches in Northern Cyprus. (April 20, 1998)
Usenet alt.culture.cyprus -
Usenet alt.news.cyprus -
Usenet sci.archaeology -
Usenet sci.archaeology.moderated -
Usenet soc.culture.greek -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, November 8, 2013 6:35:03 AM EST -