become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_Kingdom/Local_Services
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Local Services
Archaeology in Birmingham
- Birmingham City Council's planning archaeologist introduces himself and the city's heritage, outlines council policy, explains its Sites and Monuments Record and describes the latest discoveries.
Archaeology in East Sussex
- The county council's archaeology service maintains the Historic Environment Record and advises on planning applications. Offers training and volunteering opportunities.
Archaeology in Warwickshire
- Warwickshire County Council provides a readable, illustrated summary of the evidence for human life in the area from Old Stone Age to Anglo-Saxon. Sites and Monuments Record.
Archaeology Service for Aberdeenshire and Moray
- Provides information and advice on all aspects of the historic environment in the North-East of Scotland.
Buckinghamshire County Council: Archaeology
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of Buckinghamshire's Historic Environment Record. Information on archaeology and development, historic towns and the historic landscape in the county.
Cambridgeshire County Council Archaeology
- The County Archaeology Office exists to protect, enhance and promote Cambridgeshire's archaeology and built heritage. Details of services.
Clwyd Powys Archaeological Trust
- Charitable trust providing curatorial, contractual and educational services. Annual report, staff, services, 'Windows on the Past: A review of 25 years of discovery by CPAT'.
- County Council maintains the Sites and Monuments Record, advises on sites and finds, and provides grants for archaeology. Contact information and outline of services.
Dorset County Council: Historic Environment Record
- A record of all aspects of the historic environment of the county. It is a public record and enquiries are welcome.
Durham County Council: Archaeology Section
- Contains an edited version of both Durham and Northumberland County Council's Historic Environment Records. These contain details of all aspects of the environment that have been built, formed or influenced by human activity.
Glamorgan Gwent Archaeological Trust
- Provides archaeological advisory service to public and private bodies and maintains the regional Sites and Monuments Record. The Contractual Division provides archaeological services.
Gwynedd Archaeological Trust
- An educational charity which advises the public and private sectors, maintains the regional Sites and Monuments Record and undertakes archaeological work. English and Welsh language versions.
Highland Council Archaeology Unit
- Protects the archaeological sites and monuments of the Scottish Highlands. Includes practical advice on archaeological and heritage matters and sites to visit.
Humber Archaeology Partnership
- Joint archaeology service for the East Riding of Yorkshire Council and Kingston upon Hull City Council. Also a contracting unit. Staff, services, publication list, book reviews, events.
- An independent organization which receives an annual grant from the States of Jersey to support its running costs. Responsible for the island's major historic sites and museums.
- The County Council's archaeology section describes its services, provides contact details and gives photographs and descriptions of historic sites to visit and other finds.
Suffolk's Archaeology Service
- Illustrated reports on excavations. Publications: An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (introduction online); A Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Material from Suffolk. Annual reports.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:54:10 PM EDT -