become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Ireland
Contractors and Consultants
Field Schools and Fieldwork Opportunities
Arts: Literature: Myths and Folktales: Myths: British and Celtic
Regional: Europe: Ireland: Society and Culture: History
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Periods and Cultures: Celtic
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Languages: Natural: Indo-European: Celtic
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Pagan: Celtic
Ancient Sites in the Irish Landscape
- Photographs and a brief history of each scene by J.M. Abbott. Examples of a holy well, crannog, burial mound, ring-fort, carved stones and monoliths.
The Archaeology of Ancient Ireland
- An illustrated introduction to Irish archaeology by Michael Sundermeier, of Creighton University, Oregon, US.
A Brief Guide to Irish Archaeological Sites
- An easy-to-follow introduction to some of the many types of archaeological monuments which can be seen in Ireland, with bibliography.
Bronze Age Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the academic study of the archaeology of Ireland during the Bronze Age. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Database of Irish Excavation Reports
- Contains summary accounts of all the archaeological excavations carried out in Ireland - North and South - from 1970 to 2000. It can be browsed or searched using multiple fields.
- B.J. Hodkinson's report on the archaeological investigation of the medieval castle of Dunamase in County Laois.
Early Medieval Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the archaeology and history of Ireland, c.400-1200 CE. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Historic 'Life' in Belfast Uncovered
- From BBC, archaeologists give details of what is said to be the most important discovery of 17th Century artefacts ever made in Belfast.
- Moderated discussion group for the archaeology of Ireland of all periods. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Irish Archaeology on the Internet
- Thaddeus C. Breen's organized list of links with helpful descriptions of sites.
- History of Irish coinage from earliest times to the present day.
Irish Settlement Studies
- Moderated discussion group for all aspects of settlement in Ireland from earliest times to present. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Irish Stone Axe Project
- National University College Dublin aims to create a database of all known Irish stone axes. Outline, personnel and publications. Abstracts and maps on-line.
Iron Age Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the archaeology of Iron Age Ireland and related topics. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
Stone Age Ireland
- Moderated discussion group for the academic study of the archaeology of Ireland during the Stone Age. Part of the Irish Archaeology and History Mailinglist Suite.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 8, 2012 at 20:33:39 UTC -