become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Germany
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Europe: Germany: Science and Environment
Society: History: By Region: Europe: Germany
This category in other languages:
Castles of Augustusburg and Falkenlust at Brühl
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps and a description of the site.
Essingen in the Middle Ages
- Includes articles on the Medieval stained glass windows from Esslingen, the excavations at the Carmelite friary, and excavations at the Museum St. Dionysius.
Excavations of the Carmelite Friary at Esslingen
- An online exhibition from the Landesdenkmalamt Baden-Württemberg of the excavations in 1991-92, which produced a fine corpus of pottery and medieval toys. Bibliography.
Roman Open Air Museum Hechingen-Stein
- A reconstructed Roman Villa Rustica from the 1st to the 3rd century CE Description of the site, walking tour and panoramic views.
Zollverein Coal Mine Industrial Complex in Essen
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, map, a description of the site and a justification for inscription.
Lionman Ttakes Pride of Place as Oldest Statue
- From Nature, 30,000-year-old carving might be work of Neanderthals or modern humans. (September 19, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 8:15:08 UTC -