become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/Albania
Open Directory - Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology: Regional: Europe: Albania
Contractors and Consultants
Regional: Europe: Albania: Society and Culture: History
Albanian Heritage Foundation
- Chatitable organization that aims to protect, conserve, promote and undertake research into the Albanian historic environment.
Archaeologists Head to Albania for Cultural Rescue Mission
- The chaos that was once Albania could become tomorrow's hotspot for development. Before that commercialization begins, University of Cincinnati archaeologists want to identify ancient sites that should be studied or preserved. Article from Science Blog archives 2001D.
- Butrint is a port from Hellenistic to Ottoman times and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site in south-west Albania.
Cultural Landscape and Archaeological Remains of the Bamiyan Valley
- UNESCO World Heritage site. Includes photographs, maps, a description of the site and a justification for including it on the list.
- A preliminary report on excavations and related studies, 1992-1994. From Iliria.
The Question of Illyrian-Albanian Continuity...
- Article from the Kosova Crisis Center, the question of the ethnic and cultural continuity between the early Illyrians and the medieval Albanians, besides being one of the most attractive issues of Balkan history, has also acquired a political dimension in recent decades.
Report of the Assessment Mission to the World Heritage Site of Butrinti, Albania
- Following reports that the World Heritage site of Butrinti was damaged during the civil unrest in Albania in early 1997, a joint UNESCO-ICOMOS-Butrint Foundation assessment mission went to the site from 20 to 24 October 1997. [PDF]
- Information on this World Heritage Site which has been the site of a Greek colony, a Roman city and a bishopric.
Albanian Temple Unearthed By Archeologists
- A team from the University of Cincinnati has discovered a monumental temple in Albania that may be one of the earliest ever found in the region. (April 14, 2005)
Remnants Of Ancient Synagogue In Albania Revealed
- From ScienceDaily, remnants from a synagogue dating from the 5th or 6th century, C.E., have been revealed in the coastal city of Saranda, opposite the Greek island of Corfu. (October 03, 2003)
Ancient Chess History Unearthed
- From the BBC, a team of British archaeologists have found evidence that Europeans were playing chess as early as the sixth century. (July 27, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 28, 2013 at 8:45:04 UTC -